Accelerated training a problem? Don't open if flying.

spenac

Accelerated training a problem? I know we complain about the accelerated programs in EMS but what about other professions.

Well check out this school: http://www.gulfstreamacademy.com/

"Gulfstream Training Academy’s First Officer Program offers airline bound aviation professionals training and experience at an actual airline flying real flights for Gulfstream International Airlines in only 3 months for commercial pilot certificate holders or as few as 6 months for zero time pilots."

Great idea right?

Well what about this? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1243293481...icle-outset-box

"Gulfstream plays an important role within the regional-airline sector. Though it is relatively small, flying 630,000 passengers last year, many young pilots work there or train at its affiliated training academy in order to gain experience before landing permanent jobs at various regional carriers.

Capt. Marvin Renslow, the pilot of the Continental Connection flight that crashed in February, attended flight school there and also had worked at Gulfstream International. Pilots in the two previous fatal U.S. commuter crashes -- both caused by pilot error -- also spent time at either Gulfstream International Airlines or Gulfstream's training operations, according to the National Transportation Safety Board. Mr. Hackett said Capt. Renslow's record at Gulfstream was uneventful and he passed all his simulator proficiency tests and check rides."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have heeded your disclaimer, not too glad I read this as I already have a fear of flying.

LOL. Warned you. But it is scary. Much like EMS seems other professions like shortcuts to.

Yup same problem; I spent 4 years in the airline world and it's the same thing .... FAA only requires a minimum number of hours to gain a CPL/ATPL. The little regional airlines pay shit and hire shit pilots; I'm still in contact with many of my friends in the airline industry and this thing is the exception rather than the rule.

And here I am learning to fly the slow way....sigh
No, you mean the proper way.

For $30 G's, I might want to add that to my bucket list.

For $30 G's, I might want to add that to my bucket list.

ROFL!

Shouldn't be any problem now that you're making the big bucks! ;)