Holiday weekend

While we are enjoying our friends, family, or our patients if we must work, let us remember what this holiday is all about. A big thank you to all veterans and their families, and a heartfelt thanks for those who made the ultimate sacrifice. These folks served to defend our ability to do things like engage in this forum- our most cherished right- free speech.

Happy Memorial Day to ALL!

Herbie:

A relayed message from Past Queens County Commander Sara (Momma) B, Queens County, New York, Jewish War Veterans of the United States, who is a WW2 Veteran, and my mother...

You are welcome!

Herbie:

A relayed message from Past Queens County Commander Sara (Momma) B, Queens County, New York, Jewish War Veterans of the United States, who is a WW2 Veteran, and my mother...

Richard, I sincerely mean it. I now I even have a vested interest myself- the first relative since Viet Nam who is in the military. My 20 year old nephew/godson is in the Army, completing his training at Fort Campbell, KY and since his interests lie with linguistics/intel/and or the Rangers, he will deployed sometime in the near future. It all depends how much more training he will need.

Let's put it this way- the military was essentially a last resort for him, but he has embraced it and thrived. He was not major trouble, but could not find his way. Very bright kid, but no focus. Thus, I'm scared/proud/happy for him.

Whatever reasons someone chooses to serve, it is a calling not everyone can answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.