President Obama sticks it to the taxpayers....again

Lone Star

It would have been awesome if someone with a high power rifle started shooting at the cockpit area of the Jet. Of course didn't hurt anyone.... but it would just drive the point of stupidity home.

:lol::lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really an issue of being poorly vetted. Caldera just made a series of poor decisions that resulted in a lot of people being unnecessarily scared out of their gourd. I guess if you're going to go, go big.

With regards to Obama surrounding himself with "dumbasses" like Caldera, keep in mind that Caldera's primary role was logistics and not advisory. His wasn't a cabinet level post. This isn't a matter of advising the President on matters of national or international policy. The Military Office provides military support to the White House and not military advising on matters of national security.

That being said, I don't think you can realistically blame Obama for this event. Sure, sure. He's the President. The buck stops with him. He could've handled the *aftermath* better. But unless you want another Jimmy Carter who micromanages everything, you can't blame Obama for the actions of others especially when it was done without the President's knowledge. People will do stupid things. It happens.

Lastly, I wasn't attempting to defend Obama or Caldera with regards to this incident. Nor was there any attempt to pwn! anyone. My political views are neither important to this conversation nor will they be shared here. My posting was more an attempt to point out demonstrated inability to formulate an original thought and the folly of blind acceptance of blatantly wrong information as true. I realize it's easier to let others think for you. But really, it just causes bigger problems down the road.

-be safe

Why not blame Obama, everybody blamed Bush for everything that happened, his fault or not. Why not blame Obama? There's a double standard here.

Since I'm only speaking for me, I didn't blame Bush for everything bad that happened under his administration. If Bush was at fault, then I'd blame Bush. Otherwise, blame, such as it is, goes to the individual(s) responsible for the error.

The same goes here. Obama wasn't at fault for the event taking place. His handling after the fact deserves a palm-to-forehead-smack. But you can't blame him for this particular event as he had nothing to do with it.

If others maintain a double standard then that's on them.

-be safe

Since I'm only speaking for me, I didn't blame Bush for everything bad that happened under his administration. If Bush was at fault, then I'd blame Bush. Otherwise, blame, such as it is, goes to the individual(s) responsible for the error.

The same goes here. Obama wasn't at fault for the event taking place. His handling after the fact deserves a palm-to-forehead-smack. But you can't blame him for this particular event as he had nothing to do with it.

If others maintain a double standard then that's on them.

-be safe

I agree wholeheartedly with you Mike, If Obama indeed did not know anything about the flyover then by all means he's blameless but if he did even have a idea it would happen then blame where blame is required.

But so many out there want to put blame at the top which is sometimes where it needs to fall but to hold a person responsible for everything that went wrong which is what many many people are doing with Bush is just wrong.

I think we need to set aside the petty blame games and get on with the business of running the country. I did not vote for Obama yet he's who got elected and do I agree with what he is doing to this country NO but for all intents and purposes, he's just doing what he "feels" is right on his compass and my job is to point out what i dislike about his decisions and hopefully get people to listen to my side which is increasingly difficult to do any more.

Could someone please enlighten me on a question I have with the American political system? I don't get why you demonize your opponents so readily? This goes both left and right (relatively speaking given that both the DNC and GOP are right of centre). Dem's were super quick to demonize G.W. Bush as the worst leader this side of Hitler and now Republicans are ready to declare Obama as the worst leader this side of Stalin. Anyone got any insight into what causes this? Seems awfully divisive to me.

I blame, if not the Clinton Administration itself, then certainly things that happened during that period of time, his/their fault or otherwise.

Republicans would probably point to actions of the Administration (and probably the influence of Hillary) as creating an acrimonious relationship with Republicans. Democrats would be quick to harp on the "Republican Revolution" in 1994, with the coming of Newt Gingrich et al as being responsible for the infighting.

Democrats view the Republican-led impeachment of Clinton as petty and unnecessary, but at the same time could easily be themselves accused of spending the next 10 years exacting revenge for it- ESPECIALLY after Gore lost the 2000 election.

THAT disaster REALLY put the kabosh on any chances for reconciliation. The bad blood resulting from 2000- an election that shouldn't have been close, considering the Democrats were running the incumbent VP of the most popular Democrat since JFK- is STILL affecting government today.

Democrats blame everybody but themselves for that one, and when they lost again in 2004- failing to unseat an unpopular President who started an unpopular war- it solidified the phenomenon currently known in conservative circles as Bush Derangement Syndrome.

BDS is what you see almost every day today. Democrats blaming Bush for every bad thing that's happened since January 2001- 9/11, Iraq, the economy, global warming, the Jonas Brothers, you name it. And they'll ride it for generations to come.

But as we know, for every action there is a reaction. BDS is going to have its reaction in The One's administration.

In one of Obama's campaign speeches, he said that 'the buck stops here', and that he wouldn't try to shift the blame for what his administration does.

Along with that, he pretty much ousted most of Bush's cabinet, and installed his own.

In MY book, that makes him responsible, either directly or indirectly...

In one of Obama's campaign speeches, he said that 'the buck stops here', and that he wouldn't try to shift the blame for what his administration does.

Along with that, he pretty much ousted most of Bush's cabinet, and installed his own.

Were the cabinets veneered or marble top ;)

Every presidential candidate since Truman has said this in some way, shape or form. And every president has selectively applied this in practice. But how does that play with this situation? It doesn't. He didn't try to shift blame. He just didn't fire Caldera fast enough.

Every new president does this. There is nothing new or unusual in this. It would be political suicide to leave a previously appointed cabinet in place.

So the president is responsible for the mistakes made by anyone who works anywhere in his administration? Interesting. Even when the president isn't involved in the activity at all and knows nothing about it? Do you really want a president who micromanages to that extent?

-be safe

Each party also handles issues the same way. Some are a little more public than others. Both sides "circle the wagons" and try to keep things quiet. Both sides run people out on a rail when it does go public.

Nonsense. Rod Blagojevich is the ONLY Democrat run out on a rail in the last thirty years. And it's not because he was an embarrassment, or even because he did anything wrong. It's because he had pissed off the party with other issues and they wanted him replaced with someone they could control.

Every time a Republican senator or congressman is accused of wrongdoing, the party immediately turns their back on them, and it is only a very short time before they are out of office. When a Democratic senator or congressman is accused of wrongdoing, the party calls press conferences to defend them, even when they have to admit he was guilty, and you never see them resign or even asked to resign by their own party.

I was supposed to go to the beach this weekend. I couldn't go because gas prices were too high. I blame Obama because he didn't keep the prices down. I blame him for everything and anything that has government backing. The Army helicopters that flew over my house at 4am waking me up.. Obama's fault!