Back Out X's 3

firedoc5

Well folks, I done it again. Wound back up in the hosp. Fri. night. I just got out a couple of hours ago. Let's just say I was doing very well for three or four days then gradually started having problems again. Did all the home stuff I was suppose to do. Didn't help

Evidently, even though I was sent home I still had the pneumonia but taking the PO anti-biotics. Well, throw in a case of brochitis and bam, right back in. You'd think I'd get a break somehow.

Maybe a third time is a charm.

BTW, it's been since the 10th since I had a cigarette.

Edited by firedoc5

Well folks, I done it again. Wound back up in the hosp. Fri. night. I just got out a couple of hours ago. Let's just say I was doing very well for three or four days then gradually started having problems again. Did all the home stuff I was suppose to do. Didn't help

Evidently, even though I was sent home I still had the pneumonia but taking the PO anti-biotics. Well, throw in a case of brochitis and bam, right back in. You'd think I'd get a break somehow.

Maybe a third time is a charm.

BTW, it's been since the 10th since I had a cigarette.

Wayland

Congrats on the quitting sorry you were ill again. Get well soon and stay well so spenac can get a break from all the torture now he can share it with you. :doctor:

hey firedoc

too bad we dont live close to each other i was in the hosp myself fluid around the heart and between the lungs and ribs closasping the lung. in for over a week and then home for 2 and back in. i did everything the hosp said myself but boom back in again and they don't have a clue of why nothing was working. those steroids are horrible and make me horrible to be around. finally this weekend i could breath with it feeling like my husband was sitting on my chest. no no just sitting and crushing my with a sword in the the side.

amen i can breath and i thing the roids are finally working!

congrads on not smoking i know how hard that is i watch half of my family struggle with the same thing and not win. i thank god i never started so i dont have that problem. just lupus that has a terrible mind of its own.

good luck doc and ill be thinking of ya!!!! :o

I really hope you're past all this soon and smooth sailing. If it's any consolation, when I quit smoking during my pregnancies it took 3-4 weeks for my lungs to really begin to clear out. I had a nasty productive cough that would at times drop me to my knees. Anyway, doctors all said that was normal and sure enough about a month later I felt better than I had in years. Hang in there as I suspect this might be the cause of at least your newly developed bronchitis. If it is, this should be over soon enough though it may take a bit longer as you are also fighting the pnuemonia. If you haven't looking into it already, and you may not even need it, the AHA has a great(& free!) smoking cessation support program with phonelines staffed entirely with people that have been there.

Edited by Jeepluv77