Is this wrong?

FireMedic65

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, has does anyone done a 6+ hour transport with a diabetic patient?

Yes, their food or nutrition was by peg, NG or IV from a closed bottle.

If the patient must have food PO in a situation such as a long transport, that may be a necessity. Caregivers electively dining in the patient compartment is not.

i agree pats and gino's overated.... i personally like jims or i found a new place at 16th and dauphin. little corner store. 2.75 for a chicken cheese stk. not bad and i like to see others react when i enter cause im white. but all joking aside i would of kept the food in the front and if it goes cold then it goes cold.

1) I have a lieutenant keeps verbally warning me I am in department violation to even eat food while in the cab of the ambulance. He never gave me requested copies of any department edicts to that effect.

2) Then, there was the time I came to an ambulance I usually did not work, knowing that the truck had been unused for a week, while undergoing maintenance, and found a half full urinal bottle while doing a vehicle checkout. Ugh!

1) I have a lieutenant keeps verbally warning me I am in department violation to even eat food while in the cab of the ambulance. He never gave me requested copies of any department edicts to that effect.

2) Then, there was the time I came to an ambulance I usually did not work, knowing that the truck had been unused for a week, while undergoing maintenance, and found a half full urinal bottle while doing a vehicle checkout. Ugh!

I bet that smelled just fabulous!

And for the record, I don't store or eat food in the patient compartment. I just dispute the notion that, if I did, sticking a wrapped sandwich into a bag warmer is somehow going to give me the plague.

Edited by CBEMT

And for the record, I don't store or eat food in the patient compartment. I just dispute the notion that, if I did, sticking a wrapped sandwich into a bag warmer is somehow going to give me the plague.

It is not going to give you the plague.

I just don't see how some could not have gotten the basics of OSHA regulations either in school or from their employers.