Grandmother

firedoc5

We'd been expecting for some time. Sort of like it could be tomorrow or it could be 5 yrs from now, but my Grandmother passed way Fri. 13th. She was probably the most influential person in my life. The services are here in IL on Wed. She was in La. so they are flying her back here.

She was born in Tx. and grew up in Tx. and La., she was a true southern belle. We always joked that she was the last true Southern Debutante.

I might not be on for the next couple of days, but I'll keep y'all posted.

We'd been expecting for some time. Sort of like it could be tomorrow or it could be 5 yrs from now, but my Grandmother passed way Fri. 13th. She was probably the most influential person in my life. The services are here in IL on Wed. She was in La. so they are flying her back here.

She was born in Tx. and grew up in Tx. and La., she was a true southern belle. We always joked that she was the last true Southern Debutante.

I might not be on for the next couple of days, but I'll keep y'all posted.

Sorry for your loss Firedoc: Grandmothers are often a very special person in our lives. Our prayers are with her and your family.

Sorry for your loss, I too am dealing with the loss of my father in law so I know what you are going thru.

I'll fire off a prayer for you and your family

Very sorry to hear this, Bro. That day came almost twelve years ago for me, and it was one of the hardest times of my life. She still comes to me in dreams a couple times a year, as if she never left. I hope that such fond memories and reminders give you comfort in the days to come.