EMS worker victim of homocide ....

crotchitymedic1986

Nice, leave it to a guy like you to criticize a murdered EMT and his crew, for being volunteer.

Leave it to you to not comprehend simple English. I wasn't criticising them. I was criticising the volunteer community of New York for their anticipated FAILURE to speak out about this tragedy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just me:

I think there is the medical and the surgical aspect of removing cancers from society ... but no one is willing to say that these individuals are in fact sub human.

The most curious part to me is this, with cop killers, and now more EMS killings, school mass shootings, and Church mass shootings (most end up in segregation) they recieve better food, health care and housing than most minimum wage earners) ... because society has treated THEM poorly ... sheesh.

Why has no one has tried mass Prisoner killings (they are locked behind fences and easy to pick off) ... this would be a very trendy band wagon to jump on and the shooter would go down in history as a HERO as opposed to a killer of the innocent ... and sure would save a lot of tax payers dollars in short and long run ... just saying.

cheers

Why has no one has tried mass Prisoner killings (they are locked behind fences and easy to pick off) ... this would be a very trendy band wagon to jump on and the shooter would go down in history as a HERO as opposed to a killer of the innocent ... and sure would save a lot of tax payers dollars in short and long run ... just saying.

cheers

:shock:

Fish in a barrel? :shock:

Induced Cardiac arrest for practicing CPR? Medical practice without benefit of anesthesia?

Any of youse guyz related to Dr. Mengela (spelling)?

As for the putting convicted murderers into the prison yard and shooting at them? The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) would have a field day, claiming "Cruel and Unusual Punishment", and I foresee the American Rifle Association protesting a so called "Canned Hunt". (The ACLU and ARA on the same side? The world ends tomorrow at Noon!)

I was about to close down my computer for the night, when I got the LODD notice from the New York State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association.

If you want, follow this link to the department he was with.

http://www.ti-rescue.org/

As for the putting convicted murderers into the prison yard and shooting at them? The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) would have a field day, claiming "Cruel and Unusual Punishment", and I foresee the American Rifle Association protesting a so called "Canned Hunt". (The ACLU and ARA on the same side?)

So I guess the ACLU protested the last school shooting ? Richard, maybe I was not clear the turkey shoot is not sanctioned, just another "shooter" with issues ... just saying if the crazyies can shoot kids in schools why not go out a hero and take a few maggots instead.

So my question is, while all of you are posting about what should have been, what could have been, or what would have been if you made the rules, how many of you are making an effort to attend this funeral, send flowers, or donate to support his family. Think Globally, act locally.

This area is not used to this sort of thing and although I know they will get through it and do a great job, they should know that we are behind them. I've had communications with one of the TIERS members and he tells me they have no idea who will be covering their shifts during the funeral, so I offered my time. It's a 6 hour drive for me to get there (I was going anyway), but whether I am standing on the line or answering the calls it matters not to me.

It's easy to sit on you ass and speak about what 'they' should do, it's another thing to get up and do what you can do to help. I am a little surprised to see that such a group, who is professed to help others, can only sit there and complain. To be immune to the pain of our patients is one thing, to be immune to the pain of our fellows and turn a blind eye in a time of need, is something completely different. Take a hard look in the mirror folks.

And in case you are wondering, this is one of the reasons you don't see very many posts or visits from me on this site.

Jafo

So my question is, while all of you are posting about what should have been, what could have been, or what would have been if you made the rules, how many of you are making an effort to attend this funeral, send flowers, or donate to support his family. Think Globally, act locally.

Funny that you would bring up only those "actions" that do zero to address the problem.

While you're busy doing "feel good" measures, and criticising others for talking about the real problems, what are you doing to actually address those problems?

[<quote]Snip>

This area is not used to this sort of thing and although I know they will get through it and do a great job, they should know that we are behind them. I've had communications with one of the TIERS members and he tells me they have no idea who will be covering their shifts during the funeral, so I offered my time. It's a 6 hour drive for me to get there (I was going anyway), but whether I am standing on the line or answering the calls it matters not to me.

Well that is simply great and good for you, that's is terrific (Is that what YOU are looking for ?) BUT have you ever though of covering a shift for others and not just for a High profile News Event ? .. Sure it's tragic but no less tragic than a crew member passing from cancer, a cardiac event or debilitating disease or say occupational disease (ie as in the 9/11 rescuers?) or even a member of the brotherhood killed in LODD in an MVA or Helo crash ?

By the way these are far more common event's than a shooting.

It's easy to sit on you ass and speak about what 'they' should do, it's another thing to get up and do what you can do to help. I am a little surprised to see that such a group, who is professed to help others, can only sit there and complain. To be immune to the pain of our patients is one thing, to be immune to the pain of our fellows and turn a blind eye in a time of need, is something completely different. Take a hard look in the mirror folks.

Kind of a harsh statement there friend, maybe look in the mirror yourslf because this "group" has done lots behind the scenes that you have had absolutely no involvement, perhaps get off your high horse first would be friendly advice.

Just me: I am an advocate for very harsh penalities for a cold blooded killing of any Public Safety Officer while doing their duty, EMS, Fire or LEO. I am for the death penalty in ALL of these cases to send a very clear message to all the bug eaters out there .. besides swift justice.

Thing is that not everyone will react the same way as yourself, every individual is different some get angry, some sad, some loud, some quiet ... and some will try to incite others to act, just saying, theres no cookie cutter EMS model on behavior of EMS workers.

And in case you are wondering, this is one of the reasons you don't see very many posts or visits from me on this site.

Jafo

So then, you must be too busy writing letters to politician's to lobby for a change in laws or too busy as a member of a benevolent society, or possibly too busy doing humanitarian relief ? Yea that must be it, so I guess thats why you don't visit or post much .. as all I can do is guess about an your internet personality.

Thing is all opinions have some degree of validity but please don't expect all the personality "A" types in the City will agree with your opinion(s) or your tenor.

cheers

Some of my coworkers are whining about our ballistic vests, saying we should sell them because of the budget crunch. Then I send this link out and they get pissed at me for "giving management reasons to keep them" :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.