Women Beware - new kidnapping ploy ?????

crotchitymedic1986

A teenage female sent this to my son, who knows if it is real or not, but it seems plausible:

A NEW FORM OF KIDNAPPING> Please take a minute to read this. This is very scary and could happen> to any of us. Seems like every nice thing people do for one> another can> be perverted.> A new twist on kidnapping....... From a very smart survivor:> About a month ago there was a woman standing by the mall entrance> passing out flyers to all the women going in. The woman had written th> flyer herself to tell about an experience she had, so that she might> warn other women.> The previous day, this woman had finished shopping, went out to her> car> and discovered that she had a flat. She got the jack out of the trunk> and began to change the flat. A nice man dressed in business suit and> carrying a briefcase walked up to her and said, "I noticed you're> changing a flat tire. Would you like me to take care of it for you?"> The woman was grateful for his offer and accepted his help. They> chatted amiably while the man changed the flat, and then put the flat> tire and the jack in the trunk, shut it and dusted his hands off. The> woman thanked him profusely, and as she was about to get in her> car, the> man told her that he left his car around on the other side of the> mall,> and asked if she would mind giving him a lift to his car. She was a> little surprised and she asked him why his car was on the other> side. He> explained that he had seen an old friend in the mall that he hadn't> seen> for some time and they had a bite to eat and visited for a while> and he> got turned around in the mall and left through the wrong exit, and now> he was running late. The woman hated to tell him "no" because he had> just rescued her from having to change her flat tire all by> herself, but> she felt uneasy. Then she remembered seeing the man put his briefcase> in her trunk before shutting it and before he asked her for a ride to> his car. She told him that she'd be happy to drive him around to his> car, but she just remembered one last thing she needed to buy. She> said> she would only be a few minutes; he could sit down in her car and wait> for her; she would be as quick as she could be. She hurried back into> the mall, and told a security guard what had happened; the guard came> out to her car with her, but the man had left. They opened the trunk,> took out his locked briefcase and took it down to the police station.> The police opened it (ostensibly to look for ID so they could> return it> to the man). What they found was rope, ducttape and knives. When the> police checked her "flat" tire, there was nothing wrong with it;> the air> had simply been let out. It was obvious what the man's intention was,> and obvious that he had carefully thought it out in advance. The woman> was blessed to have escaped harm. How much worse it would have been if> she had children with her and had them wait in the car while the man> fixed the tire, or if she had a baby strapped into a car seat? Or if> she'd gone against her judgment and given him a lift?> I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a> life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was> going to> send this to the ladies only but guys, if you love your mothers,> wives,> sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it on to them, as well.> Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the> world we live in has a lot of crazies in it....better safe than sorry.> PLEASE BE SAFE AND NOT SORRY! JUST A WARNING TO ALWAYS BE ALERT AND> USE> YOUR HEAD!!! Pass this along to every woman you have access to.> Never> let your guard down.> ______________________________________________

Now we've stooped to reprinting spam emails?

Is this just to boost your 'post count' or is it just to see your name on the sites front page under "Recent 30 Posts"?

Now we've stooped to reprinting spam emails?

Is this just to boost your 'post count' or is it just to see your name on the sites front page under "Recent 30 Posts"?

Man.... this site has sure taken a turn for the worse over the past year.

Perhaps it is just me, but if I find my tire flat, I call road service, after attempting to re inflate it with my mini-compressor that is always in the van.

If it is true or not, it is a good idea to be cautious if the situation seems to be presenting itself. Also, if I see my tire flat, I'm contacting Mall Security to at least stand by me while I change the tire.

I get this crap in my email all the time and I always visit SNOPES and copy and paste the info and send it right back to the originator.

That's what I usually do as well. I mean, if it sounds outlandish (like this one), one would have heard something about it on the news!

Most people are caught up by the line 'This happened to a friend of a friend of mine', ' My friend is a laywer and she says this is for real!', or some such silly nonsense. These are along the same ilk as 'if you send this to 10 people in the next 10 minutes, your soul mate will call you, you'll hit the lottery for a billion dollars...etc'

Let's not forget that Bill Gates is going to share his wealth with US!

I doubt it is real too, but i dont think you can say outlandish. There was a story on 20/20 or 48 hours that talked about a rapist who approached beautiful women in the mall and told them that they were "model" material, and handed them a business card. He would tell them to call if they were interested in modeling. He would then have them meet him at an abandoned business, where he would rape them. I wouldnt think anyone would be dumb enough to meet someone under those conditions, but he had several victims.