Safer - More Functional Ambulance Design

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the posting of the pictures.

I have never seen any ambulance in the US, as of my current experiences, with the "Nurse-catcher" netting, except through pictures.

Hahaha @ nurse catcher

This is a Demers prototype used by Calgary EMS here in Ab. The reviews varied, but overall I don't think anyone felt too strongly either way.

I didn't see the pictures, before I registered on the other site..

It can only carry one patient? That wouldn't work here. We need to be able to carry two, stretchered (or flat). Mutual aid isn't always a certainty, which is why it'd be nice to carry one or two more, hanging. I don't know about four, but three would be helpful. We're limited to three ambulances most of the time.

From their latest ads, Crestline is building ones similar to that Calgary Ambulance. They're awful at updating their site though so I have no pictures of it. I'd be interested in getting a closer look at that design and see how well it works.

Let's start with a more secure system for mounting cots. I'm sure most of us have seen the videos where the cot launches right into the 911 seat.

No...I don't know/haven't seen it. From the crashes around here...the cot's the safest place.

That's a cool looking ambo! What chassie is it on? Also, how many patients can it hold?

Although it does not say.... I am 90% sure it is an F-350.... maybe a 450, but I doubt it.

One patient on stretcher, and I guess one on airway seat in a mass casualty scene,

As a side question about strap location. Based on this video (

), would it be better to put the side straps down around the stomach or hips instead of around the chest? I think this would provide better restraint to prevent the patient from going off the top of the stretcher.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.