Funeral home hiring paramedics

I did not think funeral homes still ran ambulance services, but oh well....

PARAMEDIC

Paramedic position available at Auble Ambulance.​ Low call volume, competitive pay with benefits.​ Apply M-F, 9-5 at Auble Funeral Home, 512 E.​ Oak St.​, Orrville, OH 44667, or download application at

www.​aublefuneralhome.​com

Phone 330-682-2966.​

WEB ID BJ2597948

I'm interested as well, given that I live about 45 minutes from Orrville and have never heard of them. Apparently they're the 911 service for the city (I would say Orville is around 10,000 people perhaps?).

Heres a link to the ambulance portion of the company

http://www.webfh.com/fh/aboutus/history.cf...amp;fh_id=10508

Orrville is around 8.5k per Wikipedia. You know what, if they've been doing civilian EMS since EMS was first conceived, doing it well, and doing it professionally, what's wrong with it? Is it any different than the medical transport/911 hybrids that are currently popular? I can think of worse ways to staff an ambulance than having it contracted from a company that also runs a funeral home.

Now that is a real ambulance !!!! As far as the service, most funeral homes are very profitable and recession proof, so it may be better financed than many municipalities.

That's what I'm thinking too. I wasn't overly impressed with their Vanbulances in the pictures, but it said their director was one of the founders of the National Registry, which if nothing else shows he's progressive.

• 2 weeks later...

That is neat. I know they used to do them. I guess they still do. I for one would not be to keen on working out of a funeral home. I did not go to school to hang out with dead ppl. To try to save them from that outcome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.