Soft backboards?

JPINFV

Not even close, as used in the UK...

http://www.spservices.co.uk/product_info.p...products_id/445

350GBP which is $507 US, or $613 Canadian

Well I DO stand corrected and quite pleased too (I guess you just can't believe remote support office people, because it takes the profit away) .... thanks for the link, I had never persued this but will now.

The only issue I had with the vac matteress was that in rough terrain (ie volcanic rock) you don't really want to get a rip in it, it really wasnt that robust. On the other hand using a SKED in conjuction best of both worlds :lol: tad heavy for rescue work packing it in.

When on air transports with the vac thingy one has to be quite vigilant as Boyles Law as this can complicate issues ... on assent keep the vac pump handy, just saying. :oops:

In a ancient northern deployment we glued 'closed cell foam' (old camping type style) on the clamshell/scoop aluminum so the patient would not freeze to the device ... it turned out to be very difficult to clean, even with a pressure washer btw this memory foam is open cell therfore once contaminated ... its time for the garbage, unless one could develop a puke proof cover could enclose the pad.

Now if my server was a bit faster back to checking scuba's links ... :(

I don't believe the complications of stress ilieus has been mentioned and even higher risk factors for the trauma geriatric population plus the need fror additional benzos and narcs to keep the patient comfortable on long trips on LSB.

Oh yes I am aware of lack of evidence for efficacy or data to prove the LSB prevents further injury, and a huge undertaking to prove otherwise, but this LSB still is "Standard of Care" becomes a legal issue if one opts to use another device only. ie OSS. or KED.

have recieved a few finger waggings from recieving ER docs. :D

Cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.