January 2009 Ambulance Crash Log

I would just like to thank akflightmedic for starting this thread, and I will be watching for updates hourly...

I openly admit to being a "flightie" and wait on your every post, which I am always happy to see are filled with facts and sources cited.

Thank you again. (and, I would respond to your poll too)

Yes its real humurous until you bury one of your own. I wonder if after that funeral you will say, "yes we did all that we could to ensure our ambulances were of the safest design, and that we did all the training we could to ensure safer driving practices.

I wonder if anyone in EMS has ever heard of the "Smith System for Driver Safety". Its only been used by major corporations since 1946. But luckily in EMS we have EVOC that everyone takes once in their career.

Correction: some EMS people take EVOC.

Yes its real humurous until you bury one of your own. I wonder if after that funeral you will say, "yes we did all that we could to ensure our ambulances were of the safest design, and that we did all the training we could to ensure safer driving practices.

I wonder if anyone in EMS has ever heard of the "Smith System for Driver Safety". Its only been used by major corporations since 1946. But luckily in EMS we have EVOC that everyone takes once in their career.

EVOC since when? Most I know have never taken any training for driving sadly.

Thats a nice topic.

Please start your own thread about it. :)

Well, crochity would be proud....the ultimate irony.

It seems my guys may very well have had one of the first accidents of 2009!!!

I am sure there were others before this one, however they are not always reported as there is no central mandatory reporting agency.

Anyways, military bases are considered American soil for all legal purposes, so this accident occurred in Afghan but on a base none the less. While responding to a call, the guys were hit by a truck. It ripped off the back door, no one was injured.

n585933158_1225948_8041.jpgn585933158_1225949_8368.jpgn585933158_1225950_8729.jpgn585933158_1225951_9063.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.