December Ambulance Crash Log

Have you been involved in ambulance accident of any kind ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes, minor
    • yes major (injury or death)
    • No

With all due respect Spenac, my opinion is not "wrong" as it is MY opinion. I do not know Crotchity at all, maybe you do...that is all good and well, but remember that everyone was replying to his thread regarding ambulance accidents...how it became a "Crotchity slam-fest" I had no idea. That was where I felt the desire to post my opinion. Regardless, this topic is not about him. I was merely giving my opinion on what I saw while reading the 'opinions' from each of the posts including the ones that included supposed 'fact-based' links.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...seeing as I seem to be the only person who said "yes-major-with death" involved MVC. It was actually a dual fatality...I was driving the box back at about 2300 hrs in Oct. (gets dark in AZ at that time around 7pm ish), driving down a non-lit road returning from a call. The headlights were misaligned and I didn't see the black cow standing in the middle of the road until it was about 6 feet in front of the vehicle (speed limit there is 55mph). So...we hit it. No people were injured (thank God), other than my now wife (gf and fellow medic at the time) hurt her shoulder, which did not require transport (no-she didn't sign a refusal either :twisted:). By the time we had pulled over, the ambo died and we couldn't get it started again, and Marana PD showed up and put a bullet in the cows head (you could see it's stomach distending). So...when we all got back to the station via a different department vehicle, I called my friends and told them to get their trucks and get some free, pre-tenderized hamburger. But alas, they never did.

With all due respect Spenac, my opinion is not "wrong" as it is MY opinion. I do not know Crotchity at all, maybe you do...that is all good and well, but remember that everyone was replying to his thread regarding ambulance accidents...how it became a "Crotchity slam-fest" I had no idea. That was where I felt the desire to post my opinion. Regardless, this topic is not about him. I was merely giving my opinion on what I saw while reading the 'opinions' from each of the posts including the ones that included supposed 'fact-based' links.

Did you not see the smileys? :twisted:

As spenac noted, this is not a "complete log", but of those logged, here are the total numbers for just December 2008 (which isnt over yet):

Ambulance crashes: 23

Ambulance personnel injured: 24

Ambulance pers. deaths: 0

Patient Injuries: 7

Patient Deaths: 1

Other vehicle injured: 11

Other vehicle deaths: 5

What Country ?

You boast Canadian Flag ... world wide or more bs polls ?

cheers

All of the accidents are US accidents, if you go to the site, you can check out each one yourself. When you go to the "news" section of the site, you have to click on "crash log", then the most recent accidents will pop up. You can then hit the "next" button to scroll back as far as you wish, day-by-day. The site did list some accidents from other countries, and some air-ambulance accidents, I did not use those in the numbers I presented.

Sherri, thank you for having my back. My problem is much like what is represented in this post. Anytime I post, there are those who are dedicated to steering the post into a fight, so that it will get locked down. These people are very insecure, and do not like to have their opinions challenged (somehow only their opinion is the right one, every time). Look back at this post and note the people who challenged me because I had not cited a scientific study proving that the number one killer of EMS personnel was vehicle crashes. They jumped up and down, got all upset and red in the face, and then called me all kinds of names. Then I post a link to the scientific study that proves that, and they quickly go away. No apology, no thank you for enlightening me, they just go to the next thread and attack me there. You are obviously very open minded, and I can tell you will do good things in your career, above and beyond just running your calls and going home.

But that is fine, as long as I reach one person who might make a change at their workplace, then my job is done.

All of the accidents are US accidents, if you go to the site, you can check out each one yourself. When you go to the "news" section of the site, you have to click on "crash log", then the most recent accidents will pop up. You can then hit the "next" button to scroll back as far as you wish, day-by-day. The site did list some accidents from other countries, and some air-ambulance accidents, I did not use those in the numbers I presented.

Sherri, thank you for having my back. My problem is much like what is represented in this post. Anytime I post, there are those who are dedicated to steering the post into a fight, so that it will get locked down. These people are very insecure, and do not like to have their opinions challenged (somehow only their opinion is the right one, every time). Look back at this post and note the people who challenged me because I had not cited a scientific study proving that the number one killer of EMS personnel was vehicle crashes. They jumped up and down, got all upset and red in the face, and then called me all kinds of names. Then I post a link to the scientific study that proves that, and they quickly go away. No apology, no thank you for enlightening me, they just go to the next thread and attack me there.

But that is fine, as long as I reach one person who might make a change at their workplace, then my job is done.

How about you try a little honesty crotch? Tell her the truth how almost all your posts end up being you trying to force everyone to agree with you even when you are wrong. The way many respond to your post is because of your own actions. As I already have said many of your discussions could have been good had you not started the my way or your wrong crap. Now you have to work to get any credability back. I hope you do learn a better approach.

Yeppers, I have said the same thing.

Took the time to explain how the posts were coming across, how good topics were being lost due to attitude. It fell on deaf ears.

Nothing left to do but have fun. Do not turn yourself into a victim, change yourself or your approach rather, so others may benefit.

As for the study you posted, I just regained consciousness from shock as it was the first time you have EVER posted supporting evidence. Absolutely amazing....keep it up and you may have some credibility again, like when you first joined, you know...before you took this weird sour turn and became a bit of an arse.

Yeppers, I have said the same thing.

Maybe something lost in the translation to Canukistanian .... and a boot time, eh?

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.