1. 1.

• Insult
    • Compliment
    • Both

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I'm having difficulty procrastinating something intelligent or worth while to say.

Does it really matter were one originates from? Working an area of high socio-economic standard or low socio-economic standard should not effect the way in which a provider delivers care.

Does working in a low socio area make me any less of a paramedic to a provider working high socio?

I really fail to see the point of your question...

Knowing the context of the word 'ghetto' is derogatory and implies something to be inferior, I fail to understand how anyone could consider 'ghetto medic' to be a complimentary term.

Unfortunatly, todays society tends to rely on the usage of slang words entirely too often. In most cases, it only serves to show how limited one's vocabulary actually is. We are attempting to convince the general public that we are more educated than the average citizen, and at the same time trying to instill confidence in our competence.

While the usage of slang words and terminology doesn't necessarilly imply incompetent practitioners, it DOES imply that we aren't any more educated than the average street punk who couldn't even get a job at McDonalds.

If one were to gauge the level of competence of the practitioner by the quality of their posts here in the forums, one would be left wondering if the practitioner is actually qualified to apply a band-aid!

It's always been my contention that the usage of slang in a professional environment is strictly forbidden!

Let's be honest here people....how much confidence would you have in an ER doctor that said something like this to you:

"Yo dawg, it be lookin like some mothafucka done cut your ass deep, wide and continuous! Now before we takes yo ass up to the O.R. to frankenstein yo ass, I gots to axe you some questions. Now before I be startin' to get yo 4-1-1, hit me with yo digits, so I can call up to da crib and let ya moms know you ain't done gone tits up!"

Personally I would think that I'd be looking for someone else to help me at this point!

*DISCLAIMER* THE ABOVE CONVERSATION IS FICTIONAL, AND DOES NOT REFLECT PERSONAL VIEWS OF ANY RACE, NATIONALITY OR ETHNIC GROUP!

I actually prefer making calls in low income neighborhoods. The families are almost always more forthcoming with the information I need, particularly demographics. Sure, the complaints are usually not life-threatening, and sometimes there are 3 late model cars in the driveway. So what?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.