Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

Someone mentioned the stunt of turning off the ambulance batteries, and switching on all the lights and the siren?

One of the first group of NYC Paramedics, from the famous "Jacobi One" class (NYC EMS famous, anyway), when he was a lieutenant, on doing a field patrol, found an ambulance team on a call had not locked the ambulance doors. He turned off the batteries, switched on all the lights, turned the selector knob on the radio from the borough frequency to the city wide frequency, put it up to full volume, and set the siren to "Yelp". He then drove around the corner.

A few moments later, he heard a siren yelping, followed by the unit calling in they were enroute to the hospital, heard on the lieutenant's portable radio, now set to city wide. City wide advised the unit they were on city wide, and not their assigned borough, and the unit was then heard giving the signal on the correct frequency, as heard on the Lieutenant's mobile.

The lieutenant waited until the crew signaled they were at the destination hospital, drove up, and found the ambulance, either again or still, unlocked. He repeated what he had done before. When the same result happened, as the ambulance crew cleared from the hospital, he put over the air, on the borough frequency, for the unit to go to the station (at available status, of course).

When he asked the crew if anything unusual had happened, the crew started to say "nothing", when the lieutenant interrupted them and said, "Twice?"

The crew got the message, the lieutenant didn't have to write them up, and the leaving of the doors on that ambulance open stopped.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what happened to one of our crews that decided to go to the mall. They parked in the Fire Zone and the boss saw it. He turned everything on. Later on he sort of regretted doing it because the mall security called and said that the sudden noise caused some commotion inside the mall. :roll:

That's what happened to one of our crews that decided to go to the mall. They parked in the Fire Zone and the boss saw it. He turned everything on. Later on he sort of regretted doing it because the mall security called and said that the sudden noise caused some commotion inside the mall. :roll:

Well, Granny's coded, but think of the response time! :lol::D

In Calgary here I saw one of our ambulance's go by one night couldn't figure why the lites inside were blinking off and on for. The driver just gave me a weird look and through up his hands like he didn't know either.

I'd like to see one with christmas lights on it for next year. :wink:

Those Demers 170s must have a serious wiring issue in them. Mine was always giving me fits until I took it back and had a harness replaced.

I prefer to stick to the mainly harmless jokes. Hiding the remote, short sheeting the bed, putting the bed on empty soda cans (that is hilarious), putting the windshield wipers up on personal vechiles or stealing their keyless entry and pressing the panic button. At my squad we have a guy who thinks he is hot sh*t and liked to leave his gear unattended strewn all across the bay. Well he tends to pull his boots out of his pants so we had perfect access. We filled the toes of his boots with hair moouse (or however you spell it) and shoved some cotton down in them. I didnt get to see the end result sadly but heard it was hilarious. We have flipped the breakers off for the bathroom and turned off the hot water for him while he was in the shower too. To help him "cool" his ego. Ive been warned of piss spiked drinks and never fall asleep while one member is awake. They personally like to screw with me because Im blonde and a little ditzy. Since Im a "yank" in north carolina they tried to tell me maryland was above the mason dixon line. Or convincing me they sold the rescue truck was a pretty good one yeah I fell for it until it came rolling in 20 minutes later

I prefer to stick to the mainly harmless jokes. ... putting the bed on empty soda cans (that is hilarious), stealing their keyless entry and pressing the panic button. ... We filled the toes of his boots with hair moouse (or however you spell it) and shoved some cotton down in them. I didnt get to see the end result sadly but heard it was hilarious. We have flipped the breakers off for the bathroom and turned off the hot water for him while he was in the shower too. ... Ive been warned of piss spiked drinks and never fall asleep while one member is awake. ... They personally like to screw with me because Im blonde and a little ditzy.

In order of appearances...

1) Putting the bed on cans? What about possible injuries to the bed's occupant if and when it falls over? Or of others on whom the bed and occupant fall?

2) You press the panic button on a car alarm, sooner or later, the LEOs arrive. Now you've annoyed your victim, but now you have some LEOs who are not out there stopping that DUI driver that is going to cause your next 5 car pileup Multiple Casualty Incident, because they are investigating a car alarm that went off.

3) You put stuff into a co-worker's boots? Now the entire company is delayed, waiting for him to clear the obstructions, and get into his gear to respond to that 5 car pileup I just mentioned.

4) You turned off the lights on someone in the shower? How is he going to see the soap that fell to the floor, until he slips and falls, now making the company short a man, as well as requiring an EMS response? Even worse, if the fallen man is a part of the station's EMS compliment, now you have to bring in an ambulance company from another station to treat and transport your guy, as well as telling everyone at their "house" how dumb those at your "house" are for doing such a stunt in the first place.

5) Anyone serving a piss spiked drink is guilty of a criminal assault, at least as I understand MY state laws and regulations. It is probably the same in Maryland, the other United States, and in other countries, too.

6) If the one member who is still awake is one of those people who puts the thumbs of sleeping people into cups/glasses of warm water, actually proven to cause the victim to wet the bed, well, that is just plain nasty, especially if there is no assigned bunking. Pity the poor person next using a suddenly stinky bed!

7) If you are a blonde, and describe yourself as being "Ditsy", well, there, I cannot help you, as you just painted a target on your back for all the "Dumb Blond Bimbo" jokes even us foolish brown haired people know and tell.

No harm? As some here say, and correctly so,

FAIL!!!

Minus 15 points!!!

Most of those Google search references on the first page were for a "Prank" theft of a stop sign.

I lost a few friends in just that type stunt.

Talk to me about no sense of humor, or better, talk to the surviving families of my now deceased friends.

I do have a sense of humor, but am selective with it, due to being the victim of too many practical jokes. Click on the link for an audio which kind of explains my situation.

In order of appearances...

1) Putting the bed on cans? What about possible injuries to the bed's occupant if and when it falls over? Or of others on whom the bed and occupant fall?

2) You press the panic button on a car alarm, sooner or later, the LEOs arrive. Now you've annoyed your victim, but now you have some LEOs who are not out there stopping that DUI driver that is going to cause your next 5 car pileup Multiple Casualty Incident, because they are investigating a car alarm that went off.

3) You put stuff into a co-worker's boots? Now the entire company is delayed, waiting for him to clear the obstructions, and get into his gear to respond to that 5 car pileup I just mentioned.

4) You turned off the lights on someone in the shower? How is he going to see the soap that fell to the floor, until he slips and falls, now making the company short a man, as well as requiring an EMS response? Even worse, if the fallen man is a part of the station's EMS compliment, now you have to bring in an ambulance company from another station to treat and transport your guy, as well as telling everyone at their "house" how dumb those at your "house" are for doing such a stunt in the first place.

5) Anyone serving a piss spiked drink is guilty of a criminal assault, at least as I understand MY state laws and regulations. It is probably the same in Maryland, the other United States, and in other countries, too.

6) If the one member who is still awake is one of those people who puts the thumbs of sleeping people into cups/glasses of warm water, actually proven to cause the victim to wet the bed, well, that is just plain nasty, especially if there is no assigned bunking. Pity the poor person next using a suddenly stinky bed!

7) If you are a blonde, and describe yourself as being "Ditsy", well, there, I cannot help you, as you just painted a target on your back for all the "Dumb Blond Bimbo" jokes even us foolish brown haired people know and tell.

No harm? As some here say, and correctly so,

the bed crushes the cans no one has gotten hurt from it. obvisouly you do have no sense of humor I bet you were a riot to work with. :roll: Ive always been called a dumb blonde it doesnt bother me the guys at the squad are just messing with me its all in fun get over yourself

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.