Can-eh-dians

iMac

Maybe in this guy's world it's a Fleg, but he needs to learn to talk like a real Canadian. Eh?

As God was creating the Earth an angel noted he was spending a particularly long time on one spot. Curious, the angel questioned God as to why he was working so hard on this one piece of the world.

God put his arm around the angel's shoulders and said look there. This is going to be the jewel upon the crown of my creation. To the West the ocean surf will crash upon rugged mountains that will reach up to the clouds. They will be the source of pristine water that will flow from the mountains over vast prairies. This rugged coastline to the East will be the most adored by any person to visit. The vast ice fields to the North will be the climate control centre for the entire world.

Life will flourish and prosper. When humans discover and settle here, they will call it Canada and earn a reputation as the most polite and peace loving folk the world over because the land will suit any sort of personality. There will be sprawling cities to quaint hamlets from sea to sea to sea. These people will be generous to their fellow man, ready to help whenever asked. They will know the words, "Please" and "Thank You" and will carry a respect for the needs of those around them. They will also fiercely protect those who need protection. They will gain a reputation across the world as excellent fighters, but never the aggressor.

This jewel will become the shining example that all the world will one day need.

Agape with awe, the angel shortly recovers from the stunning oratory and asks one last question.

"Please my lord, I do not understand. You are a being of balance. When you created day, you also created night to balance. When you created land, you also created water. Why is it that this land, this jewel of your crown is such a perfect place?"

God cast a kindly look upon his angel and winked, "Wait until you see the belligerent A-holes I'm putting South of them"

We had some family friends from Nova Scotia. They all spoke English (quite well), German, and Dutch. Go figure.

lol cute vid. reminds me of a convo i had in the chat room a few months back.... regarding a lack of canadian cuisine

well, i happen to love maple candies.

and pancakes

backbacon

cedar plank salmon

fried trout tails

bannok (real bannok, cooked with berries or meat in it, fried in bear grease!)

maple syrup

poutine

and many other things

oh, and i do thinks i say begs instead of bags at times. i have never said about. i say flag, not fleg. and i am can-eh-dian :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.