Private EMS service adds FLIR

Arctickat

:roll:

Oh brother.. yeah the comment wasn't supposed to be offensive. If you would like I have plenty of comments about Canadians.

I was simply making a point there are so many other things to make ambulances safe, they must have it all. Well it's great to hear they have it making life safety top notch in which all ambulance services around the around the world should idolize.

Oh, we bow to the queen.

Take it easy..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arctic, you beat me to it….

SANDMEDIC, in an effort to explain why you were not being offensive, you just made yourself look worse…

If your intent was to point out that there are other safety items you would like to see, why did you not ask that so that the OP would respond? It would have provided some additional information to the thread and possibly started some good discussion.

Instead, you chose to continue to make comments which you know will be offensive to some… Very professional.

So I ask you – what are the safety features you would like to see in place rather than the FLIR? What do you think would be a better alternative?

It is easy to say “too much money laying around” or “ther are so many other things to make ambulances safe.” I would like to hear what you would prefer. You have twice made comments in this thread without supporting them which leads me to believe that you are trying to be inflammatory rather than productive.

I'll pass. You all know what devices and training are available these days to improve safety.

Figure it out...I obviously can't win.

I suppose not when your argument has no basis to it. In that picture i can see a tire pressure monitor, rear view camera and what looks like a control head for a CD changer. Looks to me like a boss who cares about those who work at his company.

Wish more of the safety features were required on ambulances. Heck I wish we could actually redesign ambulances with safety being first priority. It's funny the frst rule of EMS is my safety yet our ambulances have such huge unsafe design flaws its a joke. At least in the USA maybe other countrys require actual safety as a priority.

I live and work in the city (New York), so for me, that might be an expensive option, however, out in the country, it probably can be a lifesaver. Different needs, and all that.

As for the Range Rover and BMW option packages mentioned, I can't afford the vehicles, even without the option packages. Where is my NY Lotto ticket?

• 2 weeks later...

Well don't know how I missed this thread after pasting a suicidal deer last spring ... I am all over this idea Just think of it avoid just one moose strike and you just saved lives, your own ! Was driving about 250 kms at night 2 weeks ago there were 9 deer strikes on the road ... most hit by 18 wheelers with bambi blasting bumpers, those aint chicken feed, this is proactive not reactive thinking.

Question is what is the field of view ?

cheers

Range ?

Sorry fer asking dumb questions but the attachment isn't working for me, sure wish I had a good IT guy to tell me what is up with my connection.

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.