This should never have happened... your thoughts?

itku2er

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right.. they should never have tazered him. They should have shot him.

Haha Kaisu. I like you're attitude, as Dust says...go big or go home.

In all honesty, the police probably could have waited to arrest the guy. He is probably grieving over his father's death, as well as the other people in attendance at the funeral. No respect for anyone. I guess that is because any guy who is accused by a significant/ex-significant other ends up guilty until proven otherwise. :roll:

While unrelated, we had an incident a few months ago, when a nude EDP on a second floor ledge, threatening the LEOs with a 6 foot long florescent tube, was ordered TASERED by a LEO Lieutenant. On being TASERED, said EDP fell to the sidewalk, head first, suffering fatal head trauma.

When all of the LEOs assigned TASERs were ordered to report to the training facility at the Police Academy Driver Training area, for a refresher on how and when to use the weapon, the Lieutenant was found thereat, having committed suicide with his assigned firearm.

...Okay, seriously... how many of you here -- if a scuffle broke out at a funeral in your family -- would automatically assume it was a "drug deal gone bad"?...

My thoughts too.

"Russ, 42, had failed to surrender after being charged with threatening his ex-wife who lives in another state, officials said. Following his father's death Nov. 11, Russ agreed to surrender after the funeral....When deputies approached Russ during the Saturday funeral, he "went wild" and spat on the officers, said New Hanover County sheriff's chief deputy Ed McMahon"

I suppose they could have waited until the service was over, but that would make the officers stand around waiting for this guy. Does he deserve that? Do other people get to finish what they are doing when police come to arrest them? :roll:

I expect even then there would been a huge scene, I don't think this guy would surrender graciously.

It has come to my attention that there are some LEO jurisdictions where they come after people, at situations where they know the "suspect" is going to be at, however, in a situation different than previously described, in at least one of these, a man was arrested at his family thanksgiving dinner, in front of his family, and hauled away in cuffs... for not paying a parking ticket! He only owed for the one ticket, and so, while he was a scofflaw, it wasn't like he owed as do some of the countries here in New York City, with million dollar scofflaw fines on their embassy official vehicles that never get collected.

As for someone thinking, on display of a firearm by someone not also openly displaying a badge, that it is a "drug deal gone bad", can anyone truly say that there are absolutely no drug dealings going on in any specific neighborhood? Face it, drug deals are done with some degree of secrecy, if any John Q. Citizen knew of it, the LEOs know of it, and someone is off to jail. How many times, in your nice neighborhood, do you see the LEOs staging a raid next door? On a parallel view, even John Gotti's neighbors in Howard Beach had no complaints of his behavior in the community, he even had, if illegal to do so, fireworks displays for the Forth Of July! Do-badders, for lack of a better wording, keep their criminal and other parts of their lives separate.

I suppose they could have waited until the service was over, but that would make the officers stand around waiting for this guy. Does he deserve that? Do other people get to finish what they are doing when police come to arrest them? :roll:

I expect even then there would been a huge scene, I don't think this guy would surrender graciously.

Ya, but there is an element of tact...both for choosing a TIME and PLACE to limit the risks of officers involved, and, it's a funeral. Bad timing, full of family who would (I assume) at least make an attempt to help their fallen family member, plus it's a time where emotions are already running high. All that combined leads me to believe it's just bad planning on PD's part because of officer safety.