Pirates that make you go hmmm...

Asysin2leads

So, being unemploy... er on leave, right now gives me a lot of time to watch the news. Over the past two days, two headlines stuck out at me. The first was yesterday was when OPEC cut production to raise oil prices which have taken a nose dive due to decreased demand because of the global economic slow down. The second was today when an oil tanker was seized by pirates off of Africa, which contains 1/4 of the daily production of Saudi Arabia, the seizing of which has driven oil prices up.

So, lets see... oil prices go down due to lack of demand, and the next day an unprecedently large oil tanker was seized far out side of Somali pirate's usual stomping grounds. What a coincidence. Yes, I sound paranoid, but I trust Saudi Arabian oil producers about as much as a Brooklyn auto mechanic named Rocco. I would not put it past them to pay pirates to seize their own ship to drive oil prices up. Not by a long shot. Anybody else's thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side, more pirates means less global warming, as seen by this graph:

piratesarecool4.jpg

Now, to keep the pirate population in check, we need to fund the Japanese to start spurting out more ninjas.

I would agree with that asys. I think they have to do something to raise the prices back up to where they were making more money off us poor working stiffs. Its a never ending cycle the rich get richer the poor get poorer. Maybe we should be lucky like Jed Clampet and hit our own texas tea and refine it instead of moving to Beverly Hills. :twisted:

On the bright side, more pirates means less global warming, as seen by this graph:

piratesarecool4.jpg

Now, to keep the pirate population in check, we need to fund the Japanese to start spurting out more ninjas.

I will gladly make the sacrifice to go find the pirates :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't know why the world continues to respect territorial waters on this failed state. The Somali government is non-existent and cannot be expected to police their own coast. International Navies should have free reign to pursue and engage pirates inside their waters and end the safe haven. I'm not talking invasion or anything, just take the gloves off the ships that are already patrolling there.

Shades of the Barbary pirates anyone?

The UN has basically given it a go...

Personally, I think we can save a ton of money by just running live fire drills off the coast of Somalia. The US navy gets some nice little live fire drills and the Somli government gets some help "policing" their waters.