Pirates that make you go hmmm...

Asysin2leads

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust Saudi Arabian oil producers about as much as a Brooklyn auto mechanic named Rocco.

That bugger Rocco moved up to canukistan ... and he worked on my truck too ... if I ever ...

I love the ultimate showdown. You just made my night!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

So, being unemploy... er on leave, right now gives me a lot of time to watch the news. Over the past two days, two headlines stuck out at me. The first was yesterday was when OPEC cut production to raise oil prices which have taken a nose dive due to decreased demand because of the global economic slow down. The second was today when an oil tanker was seized by pirates off of Africa, which contains 1/4 of the daily production of Saudi Arabia, the seizing of which has driven oil prices up.

So, lets see... oil prices go down due to lack of demand, and the next day an unprecedently large oil tanker was seized far out side of Somali pirate's usual stomping grounds. What a coincidence. Yes, I sound paranoid, but I trust Saudi Arabian oil producers about as much as a Brooklyn auto mechanic named Rocco. I would not put it past them to pay pirates to seize their own ship to drive oil prices up. Not by a long shot. Anybody else's thoughts?

Now that Bush is on his way out of office, the 'Bush Hater's Club' no longer has him to blame for everything! What I find ironic is now that they can't blame ol' 'Dubya' for it, they've found out that maybe OPEC IS to blame for some of the high prices of oil/gas!

Now that Bush is on his way out of office, the 'Bush Hater's Club' no longer has him to blame for everything! What I find ironic is now that they can't blame ol' 'Dubya' for it, they've found out that maybe OPEC IS to blame for some of the high prices of oil/gas!

Actually, it makes perfect sense if you've been critical of an administration which basically handed America, its security, and its economy over to Saudi Arabia so you can make a buck on your oil revenues, you get to be critical of both that administration and the scumbags who run OPEC. Its nice that way.