AMR strike LAS Vegas

jbanagas

I'd just like to make a few comments on the issue. First of all, the strike is off and AMR is negotiating now with the union. Second I work for Medic West, an AMR sister company in Las Vegas; I don't like the fact that AMR and me are in the same family, but that is kind of hard to avoid these days with AMR being everywhere. Even though Las Vegas City and has the ability and transport patients, in a day they only transport maybe, on a good day 40 or 50 patients in the entire department. That being said, they would be hard pressed to add another 300 transports a day. Clark County fire might try to help, but I've only seen those guys transport their own people.

All in all, a strike would be a huge problem for the area, many of you are correct in your comments (in my humble opinion) about a strike giving fire more ammo to transport more and potentially push private ambulance out of the area. I have neither the time nor the inclination to discuss my feelings about fire based EMS, this is an old issue and one that has as many opinions as there are sides to the story.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard good news today here. AMR here in Pittsburgh's official last day is December 31st, they are not making a profit. Bad management. They really never had a chance here, this is an EMS rich area.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.