The Only Thing That Matters Is the patient in front of you

iamyourgod

Wow. Some has missed a few doses of their meds. I agree with whoever said this was probably someone from the LI site. God, your opinions are very short sighted. Yes, field providers should take care of their pts, but to allow the abuse that continues to plague the system is just asking for the system to implode. It is broken and needs to be fixed. This can be done by allowing providers to refuse to transport people that do not require ambulances. However, this cannot be done until the educational bar has been raised (or just put up for some regions). As a paramedic, it should be part of your responsibility to do something about it. If you want to be part of a profession, act like a professional. Stand up and start making changes. Why do you think physicians have societies, colleges, etc? For the advancement of the profession.

You bring up professionalism. I would argue that allowing field providers to refuse transports would make them more professional. They can make decisions and not just blindly follow protocols written for the least common denominator.

In Wendy's situation, what she did was the right thing to do. Postop bleeds from tonsillectomies are bad. They need to be seen, but as an ER doc it is not for me to do. This child needed to go to the hospital where her ENT is so that they can scope her.

Hyperventillation gets you an ABG??? WTF??? Cookbook medicine. An educated and experienced provider can identify hyperventilation pretty easily. There is no need to torture someone with an ABG that does not need it.

It is clear from your posts that you lack in education. A postictal state without a seizure? Please define postictal for me. This guy with the phenobarb OD had an AMS and you didn't transport him?

You also bring up some study to justify some belief that you have. One thing you will learn here is that if you cite a study, you need to provide that study. Until then it is only your opinion and nothing more. We will await a link.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about professionalism, and yet the troll can't even hit spell check? And since when do professionals throw out statements like "I am an EMSGOD", and all the rest of the drivel this jackass is spouting?

I've read all your post dickhead, and the only motive I can see is a desire to provoke everyone you come into contact with.

Go away Troll.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.