Guns don't kill 12 y/o Trick or treaters....People do....

akflightmedic

1) I have been stabbed in the hand with a pencil.

2) I have been hit in the arm with a baseball bat, and not at the ball park.

3) The way I was jumped, if I had had a gun on me when I got robbed at gunpoint, those two MoFo BASTARDS would have, along with the cash and my badge, taken the weapon from me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Michael, you are an interesting individual to be sure.

First off, what AK has said here carries about the same level of force that most people express daily on topics they will never do anything more about than chat.

Again, you miss the point entirely. AK has outright said that certain firearms should be banned because he simply does not like them. This is not him saying "I don't like firearm X". It's him advocating action. Whether he has the ability to carry out any massive, legislation changing action or not is far from the issue here. He has stated, in no uncertain terms, that if given the opportunity he would force his will upon the masses because he "feels" that's the way it should be, facts be damned. That an obviously educated and intelligent person can justify this disturbs me greatly.

But, as is obvious, not forcing us to do so. Dude.

I was enjoying our exchange very much, but your little "dude" comments take away from your generally well written replies. They imply a personal anger towards me and this, after all, is just a friendly debate.

re: abortion

Perhaps not the best choice for me to justify my position, I agree. Don't presume to know why I'm not a fan but would never say it should be banned, tho'.

Chocolate eaten by one while one is floating in the bathtub...

Better?

Speaking of which, I could really use some damn chocolate, lol.

--Wendy

The one thing I can't find is if the gun was owned legally or not. If it was I'd say, well, this is why its a bad idea to let the drooling masses access to high calibre, high capacity firearms. This is what happens. If it was not legally owned, I'd say, well, then we prosecute every single person who handled this weapon up until it was fired. If the legal owner had it stolen, and reported it, then he's off the hook. The person who stole it should be prosecuted. The person who sold it should be.

I think its interesting gun ownership becomes a matter of federal law when the law happens to be one the side of the gun owner, otherwise its a personal freedom dang-that-gummint issue. Pick a side, please.

The one thing I can't find is if the gun was owned legally or not. If it was I'd say, well, this is why its a bad idea to let the drooling masses access to high calibre, high capacity firearms. This is what happens. If it was not legally owned, I'd say, well, then we prosecute every single person who handled this weapon up until it was fired. If the legal owner had it stolen, and reported it, then he's off the hook. The person who stole it should be prosecuted. The person who sold it should be.

I think its interesting gun ownership becomes a matter of federal law when the law happens to be one the side of the gun owner, otherwise its a personal freedom dang-that-gummint issue. Pick a side, please.

Due to the fact that the person firing said weapon was in fact, a convicted felon, (who is barred from firearm ownership and possession by federal law; I would be safe in saying that said gun was not 'legally owned'.