People are going NUTS!

Ridryder 911

FYI: He was charged as having possession of PCP, and abandonment of children. He was also charged with assaulting an office, and striking city employees (EMSA is a trust of the city).

A note that EMSA is reviewing to assure that the medics action was correct as well.

R/r911

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully he will get some time in jail, but probably not because he took a shot a private medic, if he would have swung at the cop or firefighter he would have some time to think about it in a cell.

I was under the impression that an EMT/ Paramedic, working for a municipality or private service is covered under the same law as striking a Police Officer or FF since they are State and / or Nationally Certified.

But I could be wrong.

I was under the impression that an EMT/ Paramedic, working for a municipality or private service is covered under the same law as striking a Police Officer or FF since they are State and / or Nationally Certified.

But I could be wrong.

Apparently not. They charged him with striking a city worker (EMS) misdemeanor and an officer (of course felony). Something that we in EMS should demand is the very least a felony charge!

R/r 911

We were always told if someone sets upon us give them a swift kick in the genital area and run.

Fortunately I’ve never been in a situation were the crew have been assaulted (touch wood), we’ve had some verbal abuse directed at us mostly from drunken, drug effected larrikins. Plenty of paramedics have been assaulted in and around Melbourne and I know of a few fire crews that been set upon.

When I was going to uni in Melbourne we went out in the CBD on a Saturday night. I’ve never been so fearful for my safety, intoxicated, drug effected gangs roaming around looking for a fight. Coming from a little sheltered life in a slumber, rural town I was amazed that some people go out just to be in a fight. I was there to have a good time but walked around looking at the ground with my tail between my legs, some people will bash you if you even look at them.

Just goes to show the bleak view the world now holds…

Actually, I have a lot of respect for the fact that there was no retribution after they went to the ground.

I appears the medic took a pretty good shot, maybe more. I would have been WAY pissed. But when they hit the ground it appears that he went about simply trying to restrain him in as non violent of way as possible as opposed to 'splaining to him the level of his displeasure.

Professional behavior. Pretty cool.

Dwayne

You can tell the medic's immediate reaction was to kill the guy, lol. He definitely had no intentions of backing off. When others jumped in, he admirably went the more professional route.

Has this made it to YouTube yet?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.