EMStock This Coming Weekend!!

Dustdevil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swamp donkey asada! Sweet!

Sorry the only opossum and armadillo we could find for you were growing out of the pavement. And no rattlesnakes at all. Better luck next time. :oops:

At least you became well acquainted with the Texas mosquitos, which are as big as opossum and bite like rattlesnakes! :shock:

I'd be more than happy to FedEx you some timber rattlers. I found more rattlesnakes in August, than full huckleberry bushes.

Those girly boys in plad skirts could wash dishes.

Oh no dont do that they would break em all and then tie die all the bed sheets.

October 13-17, 2008. Personally, I'd make early plans to attend the Texas EMS Conference in Novemeber of this year, and EMStock in 2009.

Texas EMS Conference beats either of the big national conferences hands-down, and EMStock is the one unique venue where you can hear nationally known speakers, eat great food, and share fellowship in an ego-free setting for less than $100 - and that includes lodging, if you like to camp out.

What's not to like about a conference where you can pay $20 to get in, eat world-class chili and barbecue for three days, hear great live bands, and then stroll over - beer in hand - to the CE tent for your lectures? More people ought to catch on to it.

I'm really disappointed I wasn't able to go this year. I had to pay for my wisdom teeth removal out of pocket, so that took care of my EMStock cash. Sounds like I missed a good time.

Dust, how much was the RV rental? Or what company did you go through? I'll see if they have a web site.

Sounds like I missed a good time.

Definitely. It is every bit as awesome as we have made it sound here. The only drawback is that, everything is so casual, that you can talk to a person all weekend long without ever getting around to asking what their affiliation is. Then you find out after the fact and really wish you had talked to them about their service or job. I talked to one guy for two nights before we finally realised we had worked the same station together when I was a firemonkey twenty-five years ago. Surprisingly enough -- aside from war stories, and outside of the educational sessions -- EMS is probably the least discussed topic around EMStock. That's what makes it so enjoyable.

Dust, how much was the RV rental? Or what company did you go through? I'll see if they have a web site.

http://www.funtimerv.com/ is where I rented from. It is in Cleburne, just 45 minutes from the site, and they are NEVER out of RVs. There is a link to another place on the EMStock website, but they were out of RVs a week before the event, and were probably an hour farther away too. Fun Time were easy to deal with. The rental rate on a 30 foot RV that sleeps ten was $375 for three days, but I did four days and it cost me an extra $99. Still much better than a decent hotel room with a kitchenette. You can get smaller ones cheaper if you just want a place to crash, but we wanted something big enough to party in. My truck doesn't have a towing package, so I had to pay to have it delievered, set-up, and returned, which was only $150. A generator to run the AC and everything was an extra hundred bucks (the stove, refrigerator, and hot water run on propane). And since I left the holding tanks full, there was a charge to empty them. All said and done, it came to around $700 bucks for four days. If you split that two ways, it's less than a hotel would have cost. If you split it three or four ways, it's a steal! And, of course, if you get laid in it, it's priceless! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.