EMStock This Coming Weekend!!

Dustdevil

Anyone coming down for EMStock at Dr. Bledsoe's ranch? A few people mentioned it, but only one that I know is confirmed.

I'll be getting there Thursday evening, and I'll have an RV there all weekend, if anyone needs a place to crash.

All the information you need is here: http://www.emstock.com/

Chili, Barbecue, Beer, and CEUs. What else do you need? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust, I would also love to come hang out with you and everyone else, but I don't have much free time between work and school. I'm taking a microbiology class that's kicking my ass. I do hope to see you and other EMT City people next month in Vegas!

You guys missed one heck of a fun [extended] weekend! It was a relatively small turn-out this year, after a two-year hiatus, but it was a quality turn-out. There was more free food and beer than anyone could eat. Hardly anyone went home without an armload of free prizes and give-aways, from two-hundred dollar textbooks to five-thousand dollar defibrillators and pulse oxymeters. Excellent and informative CEU sessions by some of the most respected movers and shakers in EMS, including Dr. Bledsoe, Dr. Keith Wesley, and Dr. Ed Racht (all running around in shorts and t-shirts, like the rest of us), as well as Kelly Grayson, the author of the popular "A Day in the Life of an Ambulance Driver" blog. Free concerts. Free massages from a smokin' hott chick. A helicopter fly-in. And, best of all, lots of great fellowship around the campfires with no egos or certifications to get in the way.

Squint (aka. tniuqs) made it down from Canadia to spend the week with me, where he learned that the only real difference between Texas and Alberta is the snow and the funny accents (although, we disagree on which ones have the funny accents). Everyone was having too much fun to take a lot of pictures, but we managed a few. Hopefully, the "official" photos will be posted on the EMStock.com site soon.

Here’s Squint grinning big after conning Dr. Bledsoe out of a couple hundred dollars worth of free critical care textbooks…

7618-npfnh.jpg

Here’s me relaxing around the campfire with Kelly Grayson. And no, those are not my empty beer bottles!

7619-492fw.jpg

Dr. Bledsoe, Steven Hines (London Ambulance Service, UK), myself, and Squint...

7626-hjdr3.jpg

Squint and I arguing as usual, in front of Dr. Bledsoe’s house…

7620-938m5.jpg

And finally, here’s Squint after getting us thrown out of Hooters, trying his best to miss his flight home…

7621-ye3n1.jpg

Well, look what the cat dragged in! :cry:

Good to see ya here, Bro! Thanks for packing eight pounds on my arse last weekend! :shock:

Old men, hott chili, sausages and beer... Door Prize; free coupon for a Cardiac Cath? :lol:

From what I've heard about this gathering...this would rank among the the lowest places I'd like to get sick at...:) After all...I'd have an airway, 16 IV's and (potentially) no vitals! :cry:

Dust:

Don't you mean what the possum dragged in, yall?

Thing is Phud is the most awesome cook and besides introduced me to a thing called the "Patron Saint of Patron"

I do believe that the emptys were mine :oops: sorry dust.

Now for the record, are you sitting down TEXAS BEER is great stuff (the free part was good too) was that my outside voice again ? How will I live with the shame of it all with this confession.

Hey, I even won a door prize (first thing I even won, well there was that a turnip in grade 3 ... nevermind) Brian B. was hilarious, he announced that it was worth $150.00 USD but in Canadian it was $1500.00 ! whoo hoo.

WIN!

For those of you that missed this year there is always next, but do yourself a favour don't eat 2 days before you will need the room, the multiple conversations at Dusts RV "Central" it became the unofficial "House of Lords" it was true the egos were left by all at the gates, informed opinions were not.

I guess Shreech has that effect on people.

Quoting the Govenator ( btw: who is this Chuck guy anyway ?)

I'll be BACK, and will be bringing a swamp donkey for Phud to Roast!

cheers

ps so just who did win the the title "MOST TOXIC CHILI" funny awards stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.