Is politics taboo?

MrBird

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: That's funny right there!

I laughed at this one, too:

palin-armed.jpg

She got my vote. :usa2:

Seriously, I realized a long time ago that there wasn't much discussion about politics. What politics were discussed usually had some dealing with just one or just a couple of issues. I know this is being posted in the "Non-EMS Discussion" area, which is very much appreciated. But as you can note, there are a lot of other areas in this forum. Many of which most members here are more concerned about than politics. And yes, I know it's an election year and politics in general should be on everybody's mind. But the main membership on this forum politics are not as crucial .

But on the other hand, you get some of these folks from this forum and put them in a political forum, where it is more appropriate than having on an EMS/Fire forum, the "Katie, bar the door!" Yes, I'm meaning you Dust Devil, Spenac, Terri, Dwayne, and others that shall be nameless, can give you a run for your money then give you a run for your kid's piggy bank,no matter what your Party is. (Oh, and there may be a few there just because they heard "Party".

So my two cents is, You don't come to a EMS/Fire/Rescue forum looking for a political fight. Some may take you on, but only to a very minor point.

So my two cents is, You don't come to a EMS/Fire/Rescue forum looking for a political fight. Some may take you on, but only to a very minor point.

I think you've misunderstood. I didn't come looking for a fight...political or otherwise. I came to this forum as I am an EMS provider. However, that being said, I don't eat, sleep, breathe and live EMS 24/7. There is much more going on in the world than EMS. I figured that's why the "Non-EMS Discussion Forum" existed...to talk about other things.

Politics interests me to some extent. I was curious what others thought as this current election season has me totally baffled. The international contributions are even more welcome.

I'm not looking for smoke up my arse. I'm not looking to be handled like fragile crystal. I was hoping, as there seem to be some intelligent regular posters, for some discussion. Since it appears to, in fact, be a taboo subject, I'll let it drop and come up with something less innocuous.

I think you've misunderstood. I didn't come looking for a fight...political or otherwise. I came to this forum as I am an EMS provider. However, that being said, I don't eat, sleep, breathe and live EMS 24/7. There is much more going on in the world than EMS. I figured that's why the "Non-EMS Discussion Forum" existed...to talk about other things.

Politics interests me to some extent. I was curious what others thought as this current election season has me totally baffled. The international contributions are even more welcome.

I'm not looking for smoke up my arse. I'm not looking to be handled like fragile crystal. I was hoping, as there seem to be some intelligent regular posters, for some discussion. Since it appears to, in fact, be a taboo subject, I'll let it drop and come up with something less innocuous.

It is by no means Taboo here. It's just not brought up all that often, especially when it comes to the "hard core" stuff. By all means, throw something out there and see if you get a bite. But I do have to warn you, some may have some very strong beliefs of wich you will need that thick skinned that you mentioned before.