What does your work out routine consist of???

CheekyEMT

Cheeky, Do ya see the can opener I just took out of my pocket....I'm about to open a major can of whoop a**!!!!

I know you think I"m at you all the time about not eating enough and not enough different kinds of food (IMO)....in your opinion you eat plenty. Some of your comments in your posts , as you can see have lead others to think you may have an eating disorder. As I mentioned to one member and poster in this thread, I'm only with you 2 days a wk, sometimes less and therefore have no idea what you are eating and how much you are exercising while I'm gone. Had I known the extent of it, you wouldn't have made it this far. In fact, as far as I"m concerned you shouldn't be exercising at all right now.....at least not until after your follow up appt on Fri.....which by the way, I will be going to with you.

Ya think I haven't noticed the weight loss. I'm gone all wk hun, I"m certainly gonna notice if certain area's are "shrinking" by the time I get home the next wk. Ya think I haven't noticed the pants ya bought just 2 wks ago are too big already???

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy and eat right, but hun I really think you've crossed the line and are possibly heading down a very bummy road. I honestly don't see how anyone can think that taking in 800 calories a day and burning 600 of those on the treadmill is healthy. You are not taking in enough to sustain your level of activity.

Well, guess what darlin.....things are about to change.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millwright, might I offer a suggestion? Don't look at this as something you have to TACKLE and FIX in your dear wife... go with her to the appointments and offer support, but don't push and make this your battle. It really isn't. If you place even more pressure on the issue than her mind already may be doing, it isn't going to help... it might even hurt.

You have to let her decide that she wants to change it. Support her as much as you can... but let her know that you're not going to hate her or not support her if she doesn't change right away.

There's a fabulous article that I remember reading, about a husband and wife who discovered that the wife had an eating disorder... if I can find it, I'll send it your way. It was very good on showing how to support effectively.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Wow. Can't say I would've addressed an interpersonal issue with a close friend or family member on a public forum. Certainly not in a tough love, tough talking way that will probably do nothing but make the OP even more defensive, angry and unwilling to work with you. What's that all about?

Wendy might be on to something here. It might be worth considering.

WOW..... Talk about feeling attacked.

I don't even know what the hell to say.

While stopping hopefully short of mob mentality, the consensus of this string seems to be for you to see the Doctor, nutritionist, dietician, and the physical therapist.

Please please PLEASE do so.

What you should say is

I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor, not for my assorted "crazies" at EMT City, but for myself, for my health!

I have spent the last couple of hours trying to find a way to reply to the posts. Part of me just wants to bury my head in the sand and disappear. I don't doubt that those who read what was posted by millwright63 may have been taken out of context and had more read into it then what was really there. I am not offended by anything anyone has posted, nor have I dismissed anything anyone has posted.

I have an appt with my GP on Fri and will discuss my exercise routine and diet with him. I'm not gonna blow off everyone's posts just to be anal....perhaps there really is some truth to it all.

I will ask him to refer me to a registered dietician , god only knows how long that will take with the Canadian medical system.....referrals seem to take forever.

right now, I don't know what I feel.....I feel a crap load of different things. I guess if I could see everything through your eyes' it would be different. Call it being blind, call it what you will.....call it denial......I don't know.

I do know that I feel like an ass...I feel like I wanna find a corner to crawl into and hide.....part of me feels ashamed and embarrassed.....kind of a whirlwind at the moment.

I have stopped the workouts.....yes, I feel guilty as hell about that.....almost like I"ve done something drastically wrong because I"m not running on the treadmill twice a day. This being day 1 of not running on the treadmill.....hubby is home for the next 5 days and I feel like I can't run on the treadmill because if I do there will be hell to pay or something........it's stupid.......I shouldn't feel like this.

At this point.....I feel like I wanna hide from the city.....I really don't know how to reply to half the posts.

You go, girl!

It sounds like, no matter which way it ends up, a first step has been taken by you.

Good luck, and good health to you.

Despite my more than occasional grumpiness, and that of others here on the site, we do care!

I am not a nutritionist, but from someone who is training for a half-marathon your eating habits are not good for someone who is exercising at the level you are. Primarily, I see some problems with not eating enough carbohydrates. I am not trying to insult or demean you, I am just being honest to try and keep you from causing further harm to yourself.

There is a wealth of information on the internet by people with degrees in nutrition and/or kinesiology.

runnersworld.com under the nutrition tab and bodybuilding.com (http://bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm) have good information about eating for the physically active.

None of this replaces speaking to a nutritionist but being an educated patient is never a bad thing.

As for exercise, I run three days a week and spend two days doing cross training, be it free weights, resistance training or alternate forms of cardio. The other two days I purposely avoid doing any major exercise. I may do an easy jog to relax or some stretching. Nothing says you have to exercise every day. Often that can be counter-productive.

In closing, I commend your discipline to maintain your current routine, but it might be time to use that discipline to make your exercise and nutrition make your more healthy.

I really don't know how to reply to half the posts.

You don't owe anyone on this forum anything... if you want to bury your head in the sand and deal with this in privacy, you have all the right to do that.

I appreciate everyone's posts. Granted I didn't expect the thread to head down the road that it did. It was an eye opener.

I had my appt with my GP yesterday and discussed the diet and exercise with him. I go back to see him in 3wks to go over the results from blood tests and to be weighed again and he's expecting that I will have maintained my current weight 122.5lbs, if not added a pound or 2 and not lost any. YES, there are things that I need to change. He has sent a referral through to a registered dietician and will go from there.

In the mean time I'm gonna have to beat down my urges to get on the treadmill and make some changes to my diet by increasing my daily calories to at least twice what I have been taking in and a larger variety of food.