Here we go again!! Time to go wading in New Orleans!!

Maybe it will wipe out Mexico instead.

Wait one moment, here. The Mexican Army (!) dispatched troops to assist in Katrina recovery to, if memory serves me, Mississippi. (Not one tried to stay) Just hope the damn storm churns and turns out to unoccupied ocean, and blows itself out, harmlessly. Might be too late for harmlessly, Cuba, Dominican Republic, and Haiti already have reported fatalities.

Oh, long as I got youse guyz attention: What is/are "GOHSEP"?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay getting back here, I've been a little busy. In answer to your question, I wear many hats. I work full time for as a paramedic for a private ambulance service. I am also a EMS/ designated regional coordinator (DRC) for my corner of the state. There are 18 of us state-wide, and we coordinate and plan disaster response. I am also the vice executive officer for Louisiana 7 Medical Task Force, our regions disaster response team. I have also been trained as our area task force/strike team leader. So, I guess you can see why I've been a little tied up lately. We anticipate being deployed to So. La. Friday, and the logisics of pulling together 60 medics. 20 ambulances, a field treatment area and all the equipment we take is a little time consuming. Did I mention, that all these medics and equipment come from over 20 different providers ? Between conference calls with state folks, and calling all the services involved, I've feel like I've got a cell phone growing out of my ear!! Thank goodness for roll-over minutes!!

I'll be thinking of you, Craig and Brandi. I hear they are wanting to evacuate again. Maybe everyone will take it more seriously this time and get out when the gettin' is good. I was living in Natchitoches which is much more north, during Katrina and Rita. By coincidence we moved back to IL to be nearer to my wife's family right afterward. A lot of people here thought we moved due to the storms. One thing my wife said was that moving up here also got us away from hurricanes. I said, 'Yup, out of hurricane regions and into Tornado Ally'. But I'd rather be down there, or at least in Natchitoches.

Hope you won't have anything from the new storm "Hannah" which is brewing. But they say it's still too early to tell if it will effect the coast there.

So far, no evacuations yet. They plan to "pull the trigger" tomorrow or Saturday. EMS seems to have everything ready, but the hospitals, LTACs and nursing homes seem to be having issues. Hospice patients at home are begining to panic. When were you last in Natch? I used to work there part-time. I was the first paramedic on duty the day they went ALS. That was an exciting place to work!!

So far, no evacuations yet. They plan to "pull the trigger" tomorrow or Saturday. EMS seems to have everything ready, but the hospitals, LTACs and nursing homes seem to be having issues. Hospice patients at home are begining to panic. When were you last in Natch? I used to work there part-time. I was the first paramedic on duty the day they went ALS. That was an exciting place to work!!

My family is originally from that area. But I lived there in '96. Then again in 1998-2005. My parents live in Winnfield now. I visited them a couple of months ago for about seven weeks, but hung out in Natch. Believe me, I'd rather be living there now than here in S. IL. My wife wanted to move back near her family again. And if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :wink: So we've both been in the same stomping grounds at one time.

If you remember Sibley Lake Mini-mart & Campground, that's where I worked last for a family friend of mine. We were full in the campground everytime there was a TS or hurricane. Actually had a lot of fun with the "Hurricane Parties". Of course we had Antoons right across the road. We had 34 camping spots and for Rita I was able to fit in 37 campers and a school bus.

It looks like the latest forecast module is now showing the storm making landfall farther west away from the New Orleans area. While it's still to early to tell, the entire gulf region should be watching this one.

Just got off a conference call with the state folks.......The trigger has been pulled.......we are expecting about 500 ambulances tomorrow. My fun meter is pegged!!! Our state medical director put it this way......"plan on evacuating the entire southern half of the state" All you folks up north better get ready to start listening to some southern drawl !!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!! I'll get back when I can. Wish us luck, and keep us in your prayers

we are expecting to get the west side of the storm. they all-paged earlier, cancelled all vacations, and ordered everybody in on saturday morning with enough clothing, etc. for 4 days. the hotels north of here are already full. I think my family is going to go west.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.