Here we go again!! Time to go wading in New Orleans!!

I've been getting multiple E-mails today from GOHSEP concerning Hurricane Gustav. The powers that be seem to think we might have a little rain storm next week. I've spent all day gathering resources and commitments for possible deployment. Wish us luck down in Louisiana. We promise to do better this time!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,we tried our best. When the incident command is 100 miles away and communications are zip, things got a little difficult. I am a firm believer in keeping things simple, and if I just could have convinced the on-scene command that the same transportation that was bringing all the patients to the 'dome could have taken some out, we would have done a lot better.

This one looks like it could be nasty. I'll be hunkered down here at the hospital as part of the skeleton crew. All you folks keep your fingers crossed and maybe say a little prayer for us! We still have construction going on from the destruction 3 years ago. I used to never get worried but now I start to feel that ol' hurricane panic when they start heading toward us. We have a pretty good plan here at my service so hopefully we'll do what we have to do. Have I mentioned I HATE Hurricanes?

I've been getting multiple E-mails today from GOHSEP concerning Hurricane Gustav. The powers that be seem to think we might have a little rain storm next week. I've spent all day gathering resources and commitments for possible deployment. Wish us luck down in Louisiana. We promise to do better this time!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what group are you a part of and what is your position?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.