Another chest pain

ERDoc

I know this guy said that he just said no to drugs, but it sure seems like cocaine all the way, what business does a guy in his 20's have with an AMI anyhow?

Don't hurt me too much, I'm still a paramedic student, but would anybody try Midazolam 2.5mg IV?

Is anyone even gonna finish this scenario?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops. Sorry, I had forgotten about this scenario. Instead of dragging it out a few more months I'll just tell you what is going on. This guy is infact having an MI from the bags of cocaine he swallowed when the cops tried to pull him over. One of the bags ruptured and the scuffle with the police only exacerbated the issue.

What medication do you want to avoid giving this pt? Why?

Think about another class of medications used frequently in the management of MI. Consider what happens if we were only to block specific receptors in the setting of cocaine induced MI. Also consider the cause of the ischemia. Are we dealing with an actual occlusion or vasospasm in some cases?

Take care,

chbare.

Something to consider; however, think about a class of medications we frequently give to MI patients. In fact, it is considered a core measure for MI management within the hospital.

Take care,

chbare.