Another chest pain

ERDoc

You are called to the local precinct for a 22y/o male who is complaining of chest pain. As you arrive at the precinct on officer meets you at the front door and tells you that they have a 22y/o male that they took into custody about an hour ago. They had to wrestle with him a little but not enough that they even broke a sweat. He was fine until about 2 minutes before they called at which point he started c/o chest pains.

You enter the cell and find your pt clutching his chest. He tells you, "I'm having some bad pains. Get me to the hospital, bitches."

Assume scene safety and all of that other stuff. Let's focus on medical management. What do you want to know?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any drugs on board. Cocaine up the hooha for example? Any past history, medications, or allergies? Vital signs and XII lead?

IV access, blood sugar, and a little O2 if it makes him feel better.

Take care,

chbare.

Any drugs on board. Cocaine up the hooha for example? Any past history, medications, or allergies? Vital signs and XII lead?

IV access, blood sugar, and a little O2 if it makes him feel better.

Take care,

chbare.

We'll work on the history first and come back to the rest later. The pt denies any drugs. He has a h/o ADD but does not take any meds. No allergies.

Quality and provocation of pain?

Any associated N&V or SOB?

How does the Pt. present - obvious distress?

Where was the Pt. arrested from? Violent scene? Party? etc...

Quality and provocation of pain?

Any associated N&V or SOB?

How does the Pt. present - obvious distress?

Where was the Pt. arrested from? Violent scene? Party? etc...

The pain is sharp, stabbing in the left side of his chest. It is constant and has been getting worse. Nothing seems to make it better or worse. He is nauseous and diaphoretic. He does feel sob. He looks pale and is cool and clammy. He appears very uncomfortable. He was arrested after he tried to run from the police for running a red light. They were able to use the spike-strips to stop him and there was no MVA. He attempted to run on foot and that is when he got into the altercation with the cops. It was 3 on 1 so it was a relatively quick incident.

O2 sats?

Air entry sounds?

Sat 96% on room and and goes to 99% on NRB. Lungs are clear bilat. BP is 160/105 and HR is 124. RR 22 and slightly labored. You get a 12-lead that shows sinus tachy with unifocal PVCs (3-4 per minute). He has 5mm ST elevations in the anterior leads. You have a virtual pharmacy in you ambulance as well as a full diagnostic setup so you can get xrays, CTs, MRI and there is even a tricorder. What do you want to do for this guy?

Sat 96% on room and and goes to 99% on NRB. Lungs are clear bilat. BP is 160/105 and HR is 124. RR 22 and slightly labored. You get a 12-lead that shows sinus tachy with unifocal PVCs (3-4 per minute). He has 5mm ST elevations in the anterior leads. You have a virtual pharmacy in you ambulance as well as a full diagnostic setup so you can get xrays, CTs, MRI and there is even a tricorder. What do you want to do for this guy?

HAHAHA, alright I'll take this to the length of my knowledge (Canadian BLS)

I have not taken 12 leads yet (medic school starts Sept 15) but I believe I am seeing the elevation in lead II,III, and AVF (nope didn't google please correct me if neccisary), I am unsure about the 5mm though, I have no idea what the tolerence is so I will treat as an AMI.

IV NaCl 18g, TKO for now.

ASA, 325mg

Lift to cot, Spray 0.4mg Nitro SL.

IV access, a little O2 for good looks and style points, try 0.4mg of NTG SL, and a dose of fentanyl for the pain. Hold on beta blockade at this point.

Anterior leads would be: V3 & V4. Any depression in any other leads, axis deviation, BBB, or PRI changes?

Pulses in all extremities strong and equal, JVD, blood pressure difference between arms, hoarse voice?

Can we get: Port CXR, CBC, CMP, Cardiac isoenymes, coagulation panels, urine tox screen, ethanol, and TSH to start?

Take care,

chbare.

I think the bitches comment earns him some silver or green anaestesia

just kidding...

treat with ACLS/SOGs... take an officer a long for the ride(unless they are just gonna issue a warrant for his arrest later)... beat feet to the ER