Oxygen Bars

In the string "Carrying Oxygen Off Duty", someone mentioned Oxygen Bars, to which I had posted :

Going strictly from memory, and not having activated the links, I seem to recall that, some years ago, airplane passengers, originally in the Tokyo Airport, could, for a price, get 5 minutes of o2 via a nasal cannula, against the air pollution of Tokyo.

At a fund raiser for a local politician by me, they had an Oxygen Bar set up at the catering hall, no charge, for a set amount of time with an "aromatherapy" "flavor" added, in what looked like a humidifier chamber, again by nasal cannula.

I did not partake.

I was doing some long overdue "housecleaning", when I found the o2 bar's card, which gave me this link, for anyone wants to watch their video on Youtube. If you want to get their services, or not, I just provided the link. At least enjoy the video.

http://www.bikramyogarvc.com/o2barny/movie.htm

• 2 weeks later...

On another note, I recall oxygen bars becoming popular a decade or two ago. They were quickly shut down by the feds, who stated that oxygen was considered prescription and could only be ordered by a physician. Perhaps things have changed. Or maybe history will repeat itself.

On another note, I recall oxygen bars becoming popular a decade or two ago. They were quickly shut down by the feds, who stated that oxygen was considered prescription and could only be ordered by a physician. Perhaps things have changed. Or maybe history will repeat itself.

There's still one in the Las Vegas-McCarran International Airport terminal, complete with the aromatherapy. I believe it was determined that oxygen is not a prescription drug, unless the flow rate is variable. The oxygen bars have a set flow rate. It also seem that, if you are not utilising USP oxygen, it would not be regulated anyhow.

The Respiratory Therapists' organization (AARC) already checked the O2 bars out several years ago. The concentrators aren't medical grade since they are not that efficient at scrubbing the nitrogen out of the air. One would also not be misleading if it is only 21% oxygen.

Even some of the medical grade concentrators don't deliver a high concentration if they are poorly maintained.

The bigger problem is seen from the flavoring or scenting chemicals that are put in the humidifiers. Those can trigger pulmonary problems.

hmm...my one question on all this from watching the video is do you each get your own personal nasal cannula or does the same one just stay there for everyone to use? t may be just me but if i participated in the "fun" of an oxygen bar i wouldnt want other people nose nastys all up in my nostrols :sad4:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.