I'M BACK!!!!!

CheekyEMT

:D:) [/font:0b44dba830]

I just spent a few min's reading through everyone's posts. I don't even know how to begin to thank you all for thinking of me.

I'm sitting here replaying the events of the last 12 days and still find it hard to believe that my family has had the unfortunate experience that we have. All of you know what it's like to be on the giving end of the EMS stick, but don't often find ourselves thrown into a situation where we are the one's in need of help. It certainly gives you a different perspective. I also find (with myself anyway), that those of us that are educated in medicine (in some form or another) tend to deny ourselves of what we truely are in need of at the time.

I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and in a matter of sec's my family was thrown into a series of events that could have been devastating. I was fortunate enough , through it all, to have a medical team that was caring and knowledgeable and as a result I received what I needed when I needed it. I am a firm believer in that "everything happens for a reason". I may not know right now, why this happened, but I'm sure I will eventually. We learn from what has happened to us and tend to become stronger as a person because of it.

My baby has been having a rough go of things and boy does it break my heart. He's improved over the last 48hrs or so but still requires more then what I can do for him at home. I'm hoping he will be home by the end of the week at the latest. Let this be a lesson to all you parents with young children. KEEP THEM RESTRAINED IN CHILD SAFETY SEATS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE AND EVERY TIME YOU GET IN THE CAR. Had little Adam not been properly restrained in a rear facing infant seat he would have suffered devastating injuries. Same for my 7 yr old. We were just around the corner from the house when we got hit by an incompetent driver running a red light. It only takes a sec and it can happen to anyone. I certainly never thought taking my kids to the splash pad would have resulted in all of this.

Again, my sincere thanks to all of you. Your kind words and thoughts really touched me . :hello2:

You made my day Cheeky when I logged in an saw your post. I am so glad that you are back. We knew you had a bad time of it. An experience like this is going to take a while to digest - take it easy and be kind to yourself. Your husband was a trooper. I don't know many spouses who would have taken the time to keep us all updated the way he did. Kudos to him. He loves you very much and is extremely proud of you. Be sure to let us know as soon as your beautiful little baby is home again.

GREAT news! Welcome back. Take it easy. Make the hubby wait on you hand & foot, which I'm sure he's already doing. You'd be proud of him the way he kept us updated. I'm sure you're glad to be back.

Let us know about the baby regularly. We're all concerned.

:):) [/font:eff427e122]

I am a firm believer in that "everything happens for a reason". I may not know right now, why this happened, but I'm sure I will eventually.

Perhaps it happened as a reminder to all of us on EMTCity, that we are not invincible. Although we deal with this everyday, it hits home when it happends to one of our own!

I will attest to the fact that this play-by-play your hubby has provided was a strong reminder to me that I am human as well, and I am as susceptible as anyone else.

Perhaps it happened as a reminder to all of us on EMTCity, that we are not invincible. Although we deal with this everyday, it hits home when it happends to one of our own!

I will attest to the fact that this play-by-play your hubby has provided was a strong reminder to me that I am human as well, and I am as susceptible as anyone else.

Perhaps you are right Mobey. I always thought myself to be very caring when it came to the patients that I treat, but there is no doubt in my mind after going through this experience that it has made me see things through eyes that weren't my own but those of the people that we treat and help every time we go to work. You are so right when you say that NONE OF US are immune from bad things happening and what happens to our pt's can just as easily happen to one of us. Maybe we all need to be reminded that bad things happen to good people , to never take anything for granted , live like there is no tomorrow and thank god every night when you go to bed that you and you family are healthy. Every thing can change in a split second.

You made my day Cheeky when I logged in an saw your post. I am so glad that you are back. We knew you had a bad time of it. An experience like this is going to take a while to digest - take it easy and be kind to yourself. Your husband was a trooper. I don't know many spouses who would have taken the time to keep us all updated the way he did. Kudos to him. He loves you very much and is extremely proud of you. Be sure to let us know as soon as your beautiful little baby is home again.

Thank you Kaisu....I think the friendship he found in all of you helped him get through it all. You all made him feel welcome and I think helped rest his fear to some degree. I don't think he joined the city to tell you all what was going on with me, but rather to find a support circle and some guidance.

You all helped him through a very difficult time and it's nice to know that you all excepted him the way you did.

Welcome back Cheeky, I haven't had the oportunity to chat with you, but I feel like I know you and your family a little better, thanks to Mr. Cheeky as we have been calling him though your families ordeal. He has been great at keeping everyone informed on your progress, and I think that he was able to gain some more insight into your condition, and what we all do.

My prayers are still with you and your little one, Please tell Mr. Cheeky thank you for all the updates, and don't let him become a stranger here, he has certainly earned a place in the city.

I certainly agree that it is a big reminder that it can happen to any of us. We see it everyday, but we never want to think about it happening to us.

If you want, check out our web site, northmeckrescue.org

God Bless!