officers

wildfire66

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 spelling and grammatical errors for 39 words. Proofread your posts please.

Are you talking about police or fire departments? Or are we talking about the military.

I think it should be a combination of both. Have to have so many years plus require passing classes or courses that are relevant to the higher position.

Historical note: Between the War of 1812 and the War Between the States, the US Army and Militia "elected" it's officers by simply lining up behind the men who they felt was the best qualified to lead, as a vote.

Historical note: Between the War of 1812 and the War Between the States, the US Army and Militia "elected" it's officers by simply lining up behind the men who they felt was the best qualified to lead, as a vote.

Interesting. I think it also had to do with how much money mommy and daddy had too. I know Col. Robert Gould Shaw of the 54th Mass. Reg. was appointed as an officer (Capt.) due to money and his father being a Judge. But he turned out to be an outstanding officer, unlike so many that weren't.

Col. Robert Gould Shaw of the 54th Mass. Reg? Wasn't that the character played by Mathew Broderick in the "War Between The States" movie, "Glory"?

Yes it was. But I was familiar with him before the movie. He was an actual person. From what I had read, Broderick played him very well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.