Elderly Call X 2

I am curious about why you tried the D50 on this guy, did you get a sugar on him first?

At that time we didn't have any kind of glucose testing in the field. Many protocols called for, and some still do, adm. D50 and Narcan for unknown unresponsiveness, especially if no Rx. history.

Found out he did have diabetes, but controlled only by diet. COD, AMI.

Ok Doc I gatta be honest, I followed almost all of what happened but now Im confused as to who you did what to? I mean Im assuming the aresst was the one with the monitor on at least.

We had to take the LifePack 5 off the woman to use it on him. Hated to do it, but...For her, O2, IV NS TKO, monitored vitals.

Him, CPR and other tx. as above. In the rig had the EMT-I do ventilations, the Med-idiot was doing compressions with one hand while holding onto the "oh crap" bar. I was adm. meds and watching monitor while kneeling on the floor. Had her on the squad bench and him on the cot that was side mounted. This was before center mounted thingies.

We had to take the LifePack 5 off the woman to use it on him. Hated to do it, but...For her, O2, IV NS TKO, monitored vitals.

Sweet!!!!! So this was not exactly last week then :lol:

Sweet!!!!! So this was not exactly last week then :o

Nope. Just a year or two before that, if there was a shortage of LP 5's, for transfers we had to lug a huge LP 4 with the bouncy scope that didn't trace and everything. :tard:

• 3 weeks later...