Warning to parents

Just Plain Ruff

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Parents [are] trying to sue," said a worker at St. Catherine's, who also said she is now required to water down the mats two or three times a day to keep them cool.

I wouldn't but it past very many people in that city to bring their kids down to the playground for the sole purpose of suing the city.

yes, every park in Raymore MO (we have 5 parks) have this type of surface. I've been to all 5 of them and I have never had an issue with the temp of the matts.

No mats in my area, just wood chips...

Its high time people just suck it up with the pansy-fication of this country. I mean, I wasnt around when a spanking or smack upside the head was common and acceptable, but I always knew my place. Today, if you even look at your kid wrong, the school system will just call social services, get the kid on some ADD meds and who knows what else. Suck it up people, go head first down the slide... a bump on the head is good once in a while but no crying or you dont get dessert.

Well there's your problem. Crocs are stupid. :D

Better those, than them damn shoes with the wheel that comes out of the heel. I don't have much of a problem with people drumming up business for us.. But lets try and avoid Paediatric trauma.

This is just another example of parents needing to take responsibility for their children. If you know that mat is going to burn their little feet, either MAKE them keep their shoes on or take their little ass home. Heres another idea.....find another place or something else to do with your child. If the info is put out there then why wouldn't a "good" parent take the precautions needed to keep their child safe? What about taking your kid out on the lake for a ride on the boat? Going to let them take off their life jacket too?

Actually, it wasn't until the news item appeared on the 6 PM local news, here in New York City area, this week, and newspaper articles, that I even knew that there was a problem due to the safety mats.

As for wetting them down to cool them off, wouldn't that create the other problem of potential slipperiness causing falls? Just thinking out loud, here.

Mandate that all kids join the armed forces at age 2? And what if you don't want your kid to be a soldier? What if you want him to say, a farmer?

And how did it go from kids getting their feet burnt to anti-depressants and the ever present "In my day, etc. etc. etc." I realize its an election year, but try to keep the flag waving and apple pie baking to a reasonable level, huh? I saw the pictures in the paper two. A toddler with second degree burns on his feet has nothing to do with hitchin' up yer belt and bein' a man. Especially when you're a kid.