physician leaves temporary tattoo on patient

Just Plain Ruff

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctors, like any other medical professional, shouldn't mess around with anything not directly associated with the diagnosis and treatment of whatever the case at hand.

Think of the lawyer who needed a tooth filling replaced, swore the dentist in, by asking him if he was going "to fill the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth?"

I'm not making fun of the doctor, or the complainant against him, just trying to make with some levity here. Some may find it misplaced. To them, I apologize.

ALSO, in honor of Dust......

"Just don't wear panties and there will BE no problem!" :twisted:

OK, so if it was my body, I think I'd be upset if I didn't have a good repour with that doctor. Also, being so close to the "whooo-whooo" zone, I'd be questioning exactly what/why things happened like this in the OR. Aren't there any witnesses who can attest on behalf of the surgeons' good reputation, or was he ALONE.....? :shock:

I can't say for sure in this case, but surgeons are usually the last in and first out of the OR. He probably was never alone with the pt.

I can't say for sure in this case, but surgeons are usually the last in and first out of the OR. He probably was never alone with the pt.

That is true Doc. When doing my surgical rotations of clinicals surgeon was never there until time to start cutting. Foley was placed, I had intubated, surgical tech had all instruments and sterile field ready, and had even done initial scrub on patients. Then walks in Surgeon spins into his sterile gown and gloves. Chop chop. Surgeon unspins from sterile gown and gloves as he leaves sterile field and leaves us to wake patient up and surgical tech to clean up. But still if it was near my wifes privates I would not be a happy camper.

Money is the most common, because the most convenient and efficient, way for courts to compensate plaintiffs. Defendants often don't respond to merely verbal complaints unless they're held accountable for substantive damages. Also, it wasn't I who said "only"; I was just offering another, perhaps additional, possible motive.

I wonder what the damage was. I understand that money is the best way to get back something that was lost of value, but I have not seen anything of value that was damaged. Suing for me looks like it is for another motive, her own self interest.

I realize you did not say only. My point was that I think she had other interest rather than to make life difficult for the doctor.

What qualifies a doctor over the nurse, medic, basic, or hospital orderly to decorate a patient's body for anyone's amusement without the pt.'s knowledge or consent? Do med schools include courses in cartooning, tribal ritual, diplomacy, or mind-reading?

I did not mean to make it seem like a doctor should be excluded from permission. I was just answering your question about other than a doctor, and it was poor wording on my part. I was too lazy to fix it. :D

A practitioner doesn't have to intend harm in order to be responsible for a poor decision. The KKK pranksters may not have intended harm either, nor even some provider [or, uh, politician] who doesn't realize he's being overheard while voicing even mildly indiscreet views. Negligence and indifference can also be forms of mistreatment.

A poor decision does not always equal a bad outcome. I wonder what Mateo's bad outcome was, besides the love child :)

Joking aside, the intent of the physicain seems good, there appears to be no harm inflicted, and the woman sues because of the tattoos location, which still is not clear.

And you may be right!

The link did not work :?:

And all I got was this....

Forbidden

You were denied access because:

Access denied by SmartFilter content category. The requested URL belongs to the following categories: Nudity, On-line Sales and Merchandising, Art and Culture.

Forbidden

Michael totes another six-pack of beer for his thirsty and deplorably underage friend. The things we do for love!

The image depicts an ornamental triad of rose-blossom florettes at the center of a triskelion in stylized forest-green leaves of scimitaric curls, the inferior vertical leg of which is compressed by reduplication of the extending design, against a background of a smooth, unidentifiable, mildly erythematic or telangiectasiac Caucasian epidermal surface. The composition bears the legend "Harley Davidson" in cursive calligraphy surmounting the roses through a concave arc and identifies its provenance as Monique's Euro Tattoo Studio NZ www.eurotattoo.co.nz

Considering this happened in Philly, he's lucky he didn't get rolled in the parking lot.

Didn't even happen in the same state.

Happened in Burlington County, NJ at a Virtua Heath Systems hospital.