Why internet trolls aren't as funny as they think they are.

gt3454

Wonder why they even let the journalist refer to a "chat site" for any sort of information what so ever. I remember when I was doing reports we could NEVER use the internet. We had to use accredible databases and witnesses. There are sooo many people in here that chat and post that have nothing to do with EMS what so ever.....they don't even know what most drugs are.

We have ALL said stuff in here....and I must say it's pretty funny crap at the time but not so funny in this case since it was used by a reporter. Point is...everyone says silly things to be funny. Most of us know they truely don't mean it. I'm sure she could have found something worse even had she looked far enough, just like we can find some crazy stuff about reporters if we cared to look thoughout the internet chats and stuff for reporters.

I think it was very tacky of her to publish what she did. However...we all know reporters. Most of them are a bunch of ambulance/police chasin' dogs looking for dirty laundry. This is just another example of poor journalism and the lack of professionality out there....

* I miss Dust! COME BACK!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff can always be taken out of context.

Years ago, a TV host took children's rhymes, and "edited" them with a coo-coo clock sound.

Try hearing this!

Jack and Jill went up the hill to (sound effect of coo-coo clock)

Jack (sound effect of coo-coo clock), and (sound effect of coo-coo clock)

and Jill (sound effect of coo-coo clock).

Sure sounds filthy to me, with the sound used as a sensor!

Name is Terri

Live in Virginia

I am a nurse for money and volly EMS

anymore questions? available on request emt intermediate number and link to the official VA ems site. LPN liscense number and inactive wva RN liscens number

Well, I'd hoped beyond hope that you'd catch the irony...shame on me...

Dwayne

Well, I'd hoped beyond hope that you'd catch the irony...shame on me...

Dwayne

ohtheirony.jpg

Wonder why they even let the journalist refer to a "chat site" for any sort of information what so ever. I remember when I was doing reports we could NEVER use the internet. We had to use accredible databases and witnesses.

Well, there was a time when reports were based on facts. Now it's a matter of what gets attention.

It is interesting however, that the posts are from 2002.

It is amazing how long things can come back to haunt you. I've seen copies of posts I made several years ago on a forum that is closed to the public and open only to licensed medical professionals by membership. Fortunately all the posts were about the profession and actually helped my application for the position I was applying for.

If this reporter was truly looking for "dirt", there are several posts on different forums that could have been used as examples. However, since there was no formal reference made and just an easily searchable statement, there is little need to criticize the reporter. I have seen that statment on another forum but I would rather not go there to even get the link.

It is amazing how long things can come back to haunt you.

True enough. There's a quote somewhere about the fact that people don't remember your exact actions or your exact words, but they will remember exactly how you made them feel.

I've seen copies of posts I made several years ago on a forum that is closed to the public and open only to licensed medical professionals by membership. Fortunately all the posts were about the profession and actually helped my application for the position I was applying for.

Out of curiosity, was it that you used your name directly in the posts or did you give the hiring agency your username for them to search. I'm not making a judgement against you by any means, just curious if people are referring to their input in forums as a reference to their involvement in the occupation.

If this reporter was truly looking for "dirt", there are several posts on different forums that could have been used as examples. However, since there was no formal reference made and just an easily searchable statement, there is little need to criticize the reporter. I have seen that statment on another forum but I would rather not go there to even get the link.

The problem that I have is that there was no formal reference made. The quote was used to link paramedics to covering up a malicious act. There is no verification that the person is a medic or even in healthcare at all. Should military medics have to answer for something SOMEDIC said when he was posing as a military medic? How about the security guard for Macy's who states his occupation is in "law enforcement" because technically, that's what he does? I could have posted a comment on that channel's website saying that I'm her ex-boyfriend and she is a horrible person. That doesn't make it truth.

[Out of curiosity, was it that you used your name directly in the posts or did you give the hiring agency your username for them to search. I'm not making a judgement against you by any means, just curious if people are referring to their input in forums as a reference to their involvement in the occupation.

Yes, some professional forums such as for Respiratory Therapy and EMS educators are in the Members Only section of their State and/or national organization.

I think someone in the general public could put "versed", "police" and "violent patient" in any search engine and come to their own conclusion from what pops up. Unfortunately, some of the search responses are much worst than the one quoted.

Name is Terri

Live in Virginia

I am a nurse for money and volly EMS

anymore questions?

Measurements??

OOPS this was a thread about professionalism...... my mistake :oops:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.