Why internet trolls aren't as funny as they think they are.

gt3454

and lets not forget, that really everything is verifiable.

if I have your IP address I can find out a whole lot about you.

If you give me more information like where you work, what city you work in and what level certification you are I can find out as much about you as I need to verify your statements.

I have checked up on a number of items that people have posted in the chat rooms and found most of them reliably true but some were not.

you have to remember, what you say can and may come back to bite you.

Case in point, this story

Miss America contestant, thought that the pictures she took wouldn't get to anyones attention. WRONG

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original...212157118.shtml

anything you post on your my space page, faithfreaks page, friendster page or even on this forum can be found and retrieved. If you don't believe me I can probably find it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, doesn't seem that crazy that OP would be upset. I mean that article will be read by his friends/family, so even if we can justify what we say here, it's understandable he'd be put off and want to speak up about it.

LMAO.........*points at FIREDOC laughing.........LMAO, old kind of codes.........hahah, wait, damnit! I know what a 10-50 is too!

so you are OLD like DOC is ........wow I am so glad i am only 19 :wink: :wink: :wink:

After I had to get out of the field I had taken a job at a local sporting gear type of place. There was an accident on the highway out front. I called 911 and out of habit I told the dispatcher that there was a 10-50 in front of the store. She had no idea what I meant. I apologized and told her a motor vehicle accident. Then she got snotty and said that they don't use those old kind of codes anymore.

Thats what we still use here for wreck. 10-51 for a wrecker. But I try and force the dispatch to just use plain english.

Spenac were you the one that said that remark in the first place? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

gt3454, I understand your point. It is embarrassing to see something like this pop up and cast an ugly light on what may have been a joke, said in sarcasm or as a statement to blow off steam. However, judging by the article itself, it would not surprise me to find that the writer in this case had fabricated the statement. In fact I disparaged the article itself on the linked site due to it's tone and statements.

If you go to any forum that discusses employment, you will find at least one story that illustrates someone's abuse of trust. There are bad people in every occupation. The internet gives them a voice just like everyone else.

We at least say what we are and who we are we dont hide and do it!

itku2er

Chat Room Moderator

=

Occupation: OFFICIAL HEAD CLIQUE CHICK OF EMTCITY. LEADER OF THE CLICK! HOLY TERROR OF EMTCITY!

I'm sorry, what's your name again? Where do you live? What do you do for a living?

Just checking....

Dwayne

That is, they’re trying to use a medical protocol that is not validated, not for a police function, arrest and detention,"

The tone of the article is giving a picture of something the lay person would see in the movies with "professionals" with "the syringe" for chemical sedation. However, the article is attempting to clarify if giving the versed is a police or medical decision even though it is the paramedic giving it. The article did not go into detail about the follow up medical care once the injection was given. I do agree that signing any legal paper while under the influence of versed is not the best idea. I would hope that the police have been informed about versed's amnesic effects in their training or by the Paramedics.

I know there have been numerous discussions on this forum and others about what responsibilities and the roles EMS and police each play in restraining combative patients.

The author did not site a specific reference because he/she is not using it as a specific point but rather to illustrate how some people may view the drug's potential uses whether it has been misused or not.

For research, what the author of that article did was probably no different than what anyone from a Paramedic to the elderly lady wanting to know more about EMS and got some forum from just a random Google search. They can search the forum for a couple of words and see what pops up. I have seen that exact "footprint to chest" statement appear in the forums more than once. These forums can be taken as a "chat site" by some since they are in a different format than some professional listservs with a daily emailing of the new posts. The forums also start to lose their credibility if they allow some to continue to post very "off the wall" remarks and statements that do lack safe medical judgement or practice. Of course, credibilty on these open public forums is based on annominity.

The link below was found with a quick search looking specifically for that statement.

http://forums.emsresponder.com/showthread....light=footprint

The forums have had some discussions that have brought about a less than professional tone toward patient care with derogatory terms used for patients including the mentally ill and the elderly.

Of course we do know there are some that present themselves as having tons of experience and knowledge but their posted age and myspace page give a different view of the person. We also know that employers may check that "include the internet" box when they have a background investigating agency checking a potential new hire. If it is in print somewhere with your name on it you may be asked about it. If someone is using your identity, you may still be held accountable until you prove otherwise.

Im guilty of saying stupid things on the net. I was caught by my peers and rightfully discaplined. I think that the OP has a valid point in his post and I truly think we should censor ourselves as one poster questioned. There is a time and a place for certain comments and discussions in public or on a site the public can access is not it. Now... I dont think we shouldnt be allowed to make comments such as the one in question at all. But we must exercise discression as to where and how we do so. We are humans too and we need to vent, some think, some dont think rationally possibly due to being emotionally distraught (which in some cases I feel is excusable), some dont think at all and some just like to make themselves look good.

Some of you have already mentioned that the public dosnt understand us. I completley agree with that... an ex-girlfriend of mine thought I did nothing but drive the ambulance for the longest time. But if we honestly expect them to understand us at all we cant make comments like that in their eyes. They already dont know the challenges we face, but they also dont need to see us act like our patients are crap though. Im sure our sometimes inhumane reputation dosnt come just from what we are capable of doing.

Fact of the matter is, if we are in a rational state of mind then we should keep some comments to the crew room.

itku2er

Chat Room Moderator

=

Occupation: OFFICIAL HEAD CLIQUE CHICK OF EMTCITY. LEADER OF THE CLICK! HOLY TERROR OF EMTCITY!

I'm sorry, what's your name again? Where do you live? What do you do for a living?

Just checking....

Dwayne

Name is Terri

Live in Virginia

I am a nurse for money and volly EMS

anymore questions? available on request emt intermediate number and link to the official VA ems site. LPN liscense number and inactive wva RN liscens number

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.