Trash TV strikes again

Doug

1. Would you give Osama Bin Laden CPR If his life depended on it?

He should be fired for answering the first question. Technically not doing CPR on somebody if they need it is willful Neglect, and failure to act.

:roll: You have got to be kidding me... :)

I wouldn't. Some people just deserve to die, especially Bin Laden. Hell, I'd kill him, even if he wasn't dead yet. I'm betting everyone in the military would too, and every one of the family members of the 9/11 victims too. Won't see me saving the life of someone that wouldn't think twice about killing every single man, woman and child in America. Have me fired, Noob.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Would you give Osama Bin Laden CPR If his life depended on it?

:roll: You have got to be kidding me... :)

I wouldn't. Some people just deserve to die, especially Bin Laden. Hell, I'd kill him, even if he wasn't dead yet. I'm betting everyone in the military would too, and every one of the family members of the 9/11 victims too. Won't see me saving the life of someone that wouldn't think twice about killing every single man, woman and child in America. Have me fired, Noob.

Amen, and if you need help give me a call.

Sure, I'll do compressions...with my foot. Forget mouth- to- mouth. How about getting some of that canned air for ventilations?

In 1865 Dr. Samuel Mudd was sentenced to life in prison for setting the broken leg of a man named John Wilkes Booth. He was granted a full pardon and released three years later by Andrew Johnson. While he may not have been aware of what Booth had done, there can be no question that he did the right thing by treating his patient. As medics we are not allowed to judge who does and does not deserve our services. Would you deny CPR to the local junkie? What about the embezzler that cheated hundreds our of retirement and benefits? Or the shooter who just took out his entire family (including 3 kids) but missed his own brain when he turned the gun on himself? While there is no question that Bin Laden is the worst of the worst we are not permitted to judge our patients. Where would you draw the line?

I agree that there are some people in this world that, in my opinion, deserve to die. Without hesitation. But I don't feel qualified to act upon that decision.

1) Samuel Mudd was an admitted Confederate States of America sympathizer.

2) He did treat John Wilkes Booth, but Booth was a stranger brought to him by other sympathizers he did know. He was simply being a doctor to a patient.

3) Mudd was given the pardon for assuming the position of the Chief Medical Officer of the prison he was incarcerated at, on the death of the actual CMO, from the epidemic then sweeping the prison, possibly saving several thousand other prisoners. He was simply being a doctor to a lot of patients who, like him, were federal prisoners.

4) It is my understanding, in those states that still have Capital Punishment (the "Death Penalty"), if a prisoner injures themselves prior to the implementation of the sentence, the medical crews are to "patch up" the "dead man walking", that the state can have the "satisfaction" (my wording) of killing the prisoner.

I would use as an example, if Joe Blow is to die in the electric chair at midnight, but suffers an Acute Myocardial Infarction at 2357 hours, any standby medical crews would do CPR and defibrillation until 0000 hours, when the prisoner would get the chair's final and fatal electrical jolt.

5) Re Bin Ladin:

5-A) I would attempt to save his life, that he could serve out whatever sentence would be imposed on him by either a civilian federal court, or military tribunal. I see no way he'd "walk".

5-:) My opinion is, if we execute him, his followers, who already hate everyone who is NOT one of his followers, will rally behind him as a dead martyr, and we might end up with some event that makes the September 11th Attacks look like a child's party.

Therefore, WHEN we find him, if alive, he should be given consecutive life sentences for each death. That would be at least 343 consecutive life sentences, just for the FDNY and FDNY EMS, and the 19 of those who he ordered to fly the planes into their targets.

And he should be put in an isolation cell barely big enough to sleep in. And the families should have the ability to come harangue him and emphasize all the evils he has committed.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• 2 weeks later...

How funny that I would find this thread after just joining the site today..

The ''EMT'' from the show was put on administrative suspension on the air date, and later terminated by his employer. I have no idea where he may be applying now, but this should follow him for a while.

I should also add, he's in paramedic school. :lol:

well this might be a good job for national registry

put him on a blacklist there and when he applies for nat reg status they write him back and say - Screw you dude, you shouldn't have gone on tv ha ha ha Then send him a musical card from hallmark.

when you go on national tv and say you've falsified a report then do you really have a defense? All your calls and all your medical treatments need to be suspect and called into question.

Medicare should go into his service and do an audit on all the patients he took care of, ask for reimbursement for those claims since he says he has falsified reports.

He's gonna end up costing his employer a lot of money if medicare comes after him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.