FDNY EMTs do not let Private Medics help with choking child

akflightmedic

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an ALS skill here Timmy, it was a BLS ambo.

True. But sadly enough, Timmy's question is still a valid one.

Although these guys definitely FAIL, FDNY also FAILS for putting them in that situation.

What?????

He's asking exactly how they got disciplined.

The article says only that they were required to attend a refresher. On the clock. At the same institution that produced their poor practices in the first place. That's hardly "discipline".

Not to interrupt a good tar-and-feathering, but did the BLS crew/driver know that the ALS crew was there? Did they understand that they were expected in 1 minute, or did they misinterpret what they were told over the radio?

Still -5pts for not waiting 1 minute for necessary higher level of care to arrive, but I'm not sure this is as bad as the paper would have us believe.

'zilla

Not to interrupt a good tar-and-feathering, but did the BLS crew/driver know that the ALS crew was there? Did they understand that they were expected in 1 minute, or did they misinterpret what they were told over the radio?

Still -5pts for not waiting 1 minute for necessary higher level of care to arrive, but I'm not sure this is as bad as the paper would have us believe.

'zilla

Didn't it say in the article that the medic was banging on the back door when they pulled away...? (didn't reread it, but I think so)

Dwayne

Didn't it say in the article that the medic was banging on the back door when they pulled away...? (didn't reread it, but I think so)

Dwayne

Bangin on the back of the "bus" is considered an "ambuslap" which signifies the hampster on the treadmill to start running and the driver to take his foot off the brake and apply the gas which in turns begins to shock said hampster into running faster until the ambulance drives into the ER driveway wherefore the brake is applied and the hampster is given his 15 minute union break.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.