Stolen Ambulance in Baltimore City

WestSideBorderPatrol

yup, in ours, we just pop the keys, them no idiot can say they forgot to lock it, foot on the oedals shuts it off. my car had a feature like that, with its automatic start, put your foot on the gas it shuts off automatically.

LOL! I had that in my old Grand Cherokee. A small town cop tried to jack me up at a convenience store on a cold, snowy night, for leaving my keys in my vehicle (left the engine running -- and doors locked -- for the heat while I paid for my gas). He actually called his sergeant to the scene to ask if he could still write me a ticket even though the keys weren't in the vehicle, haha. Idiot.

Water spigots on an ambulance?

Was this a squmper, or what? :?

The spigot was on the wall, you know, to use a hose to wash ambulances. :laughing5:

A mention: Across the street from my Fire/EMS House, is a bus depot/garage. Some years before my "house" was built, some 12 year old kid from the 'hood climbed into a bus, switched on the power, turned on the engine, and just drove off in the bus. After damaging both the bus and at least 5 wooden power/telephone poles, he abandoned the bus a half mile away, parking brake on, engine still running. (Witnessed, and NYPD caught the kid, no injuries aside from the poles by the bus)

Did I mention this was a key less operation Grumman manufacture bus?

I would hope that the key less entry system mentioned as being in the Brauns has built in safeguards to prevent unauthorized persons from stealing the ambulances, like that kid stole the bus. (Newer buses, but same key less system in use, 20 years later, by the way.)

Last year, a different kid climbed into a yellow school bus, when the driver went on a meal break, utilized similar controls to take the brakes off, and jumped off the bus. The bus, with no one aboard, rolled down the hill, and crushed to death a 6 year old. The driver responsible for the bus had done everything he was supposed to have done, shy of wheel chocks, but was still fired by the bus company.

A mention: Across the street from my Fire/EMS House, is a bus depot/garage. Some years before my "house" was built, some 12 year old kid from the 'hood climbed into a bus, switched on the power, turned on the engine, and just drove off in the bus. After damaging both the bus and at least 5 wooden power/telephone poles, he abandoned the bus a half mile away, parking brake on, engine still running. (Witnessed, and NYPD caught the kid, no injuries aside from the poles by the bus)

Did I mention this was a key less operation Grumman manufacture bus?

I would hope that the key less entry system mentioned as being in the Brauns has built in safeguards to prevent unauthorized persons from stealing the ambulances, like that kid stole the bus. (Newer buses, but same key less system in use, 20 years later, by the way.)

Last year, a different kid climbed into a yellow school bus, when the driver went on a meal break, utilized similar controls to take the brakes off, and jumped off the bus. The bus, with no one aboard, rolled down the hill, and crushed to death a 6 year old. The driver responsible for the bus had done everything he was supposed to have done, shy of wheel chocks, but was still fired by the bus company.

That's just a shame. :sad10:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.