Man Down, It's all about the race...

chbare

I will have to let someone else tell me what drugs to push (I know epi to start) Maybe there is a Paramedic in the crowd!

Ok I kind of pride myself on Rhythm identification... When I opened this post I said V-Fib...Let's shock. But why do I see a pattern. Great now I feel like an idiot, should not have posted. Oh well I gotta learn, I still say V-Fib, but I will still hit analyze on the Lifepak 12 like protocol says. (cheater)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is definatly a pattern to the strim, at the 9th and 10th square there is a rise and drop then 25&26 you see it again naa..It's just me being stupid and looking for zebras cause i'm on this forum,

V-Fib Final answer

I agree, coarse v-fib. Defib 200, 300, 360, in succession, epi, lidocaine, etc. Follow ACLS protocols. All to often world class athletes have underlying undiagnosed cardiac problems.

around here the patient would get 2 minutes of good cpr prior to defib, assuming I didn't witness the arrest. With that said, after shock, immediately return to good cpr, and gain IV access. Epinephrine 1mg ivp followed by another shock if still in vf...

Many services are no longer using stacked shocks and simply shock once then go to CPR if a non perfusing rhythm persists IAW 2000 ACLS recommendations. However, I understand every service is a little different with their guidelines.

Following your DC counter shock you note a weak carotid pulse of 110. You note the following on the monitor:

st.gif

What next?

Take care,

chbare.