AAAGGGHHHH!!! My baby won't wake up.

brock8024

Family is amish...so no vaccinations...you mentioned a farm, how 'bout mom drinking unpasturized milk? Sugar is normal, cap refill is delayed, so perfusion is slow. What were O2 sats with blow-by? I think you said afebrile at 99 degrees, loose stool...are they on a cow farm???

Brat :angel8:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this baby be allergic to something that the mom has been exposed to? Since she is breastfeeding, she could be passing something along in her milk that is causing the baby to be sick. Are any of the animals sick? Brock you're killing me here, you know i don't like pedi calls and i hate mysteries...

Family is amish...so no vaccinations...you mentioned a farm, how 'bout mom drinking unpasturized milk? Sugar is normal, cap refill is delayed, so perfusion is slow. What were O2 sats with blow-by? I think you said afebrile at 99 degrees, loose stool...are they on a cow farm???

Brat :angel8:

sats are hard to get due to decreased perfusion. They have many different farms in the community.

Could this baby be allergic to something that the mom has been exposed to? Since she is breastfeeding, she could be passing something along in her milk that is causing the baby to be sick. Are any of the animals sick? Brock you're killing me here, you know i don't like pedi calls and i hate mysteries...

I am sorry I am killing you. I will have to watch at work this shift. LOL Mom is passing something on in her milk but what is it??????

Is it well-water? Boiled?

it was boiled. Ok i am going to give you another hint. We can not fix this baby in the field just treat s/s. OK now someone got close to asking the right things but did not. I am trying to help without giving it away.

Lets try an End Tidal CO2 reading and see what we get. Also establish IV and NRB.

I am also going to try putting the baby on the stretcher with his knees to his chest. Possibility that the baby is suffering from Tetralogy of Fallot, and the knee-to-chest should provide temporary improvement by increasing systemic vascular resistance and encouraging deoxygenated blood into pulmonary artery rather to systemic circulation. The decreased PO intake fits with early symptoms progressing to current state.

Intermittent persistent fetal circulation is another possibility.

Lets try an End Tidal CO2 reading and see what we get. Also establish IV and NRB.

I am also going to try putting the baby on the stretcher with his knees to his chest. Possibility that the baby is suffering from Tetralogy of Fallot, and the knee-to-chest should provide temporary improvement by increasing systemic vascular resistance and encouraging deoxygenated blood into pulmonary artery rather to systemic circulation.

Intermittent persistent fetal circulation is another possibility.

You have a IO. You give the Oxygen and have a ETCO2 reading of 40mmhg