AAAGGGHHHH!!! My baby won't wake up.

brock8024

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything of note in the baby's sleeping area. Anything found on a total body check (insects, wounds)? Pupils? What has the parents/baby activities consisted of since birth? Any outings? Any visitors?

Is this acute? Progressively worse?

No outings, just famly as visitors, and no wounds or bite marks. Baby sleeps in parents room. mother is a stay at home mom and works as a farmer. baby has been getting worse

Blood sugar??? (please state normal range since I can't remember the US norms). Has anyone else been looking after the baby lately? Other siblings? Do mom or dad have history of violent angry outbursts? Has mom been assessed for post partum?

Brat :angel8:

Blood sugar??? (please state normal range since I can't remember the US norms). Has anyone else been looking after the baby lately? Other siblings? Do mom or dad have history of violent angry outbursts? Has mom been assessed for post partum?

fsbs is 82 mg/dL. I am going to have to look that up. I can not remember ( i am embrassed).

Mom and Dad both look at you upset for thinking they could have hurt their child. Just other women from the community has been helping with the baby.

I googled it, and got 70-120 for a norm...so taking that, the baby's sugar is normal...what about pupillary response? Chest sounds? urinary output? Why did they take so long to seek help?

I googled it, and got 70-120 for a norm...so taking that, the baby's sugar is normal...what about pupillary response? Chest sounds? urinary output? Why did they take so long to seek help?

pupils are slow to react. lungs clear. output is less than normal. The family is amish that is why.

As you load the baby up it has a seizure. Anything else you want to know. You are on the right tract just got to ask the right question and you will have this nailed. I gave you a big hint.