Jehovah's Witness Interference with Pediatric Care

Thanks Asysin2leads, I've looked for those words for a long time. This kid was a friend to my oldest son and best friends to my nephew. I can still smell the gas and antifreeze from that night. We all took a great deal of risk to try to save him and busted our asses for over 40 minutes to get him out of a bad situation and had hope for his survival which seemed to be squandered by a misguided mother.

There have been literally hundreds of fatality MVAs, to which I hae responded since then, but this one certainly galvanized in me for some reason and bothers me to this day.

I too share your opinion regarding Government involvement in anything and especially matters of faith and wow do they spend far too much time in my wallet these days. My quest for understanding continues, perhaps a little more knowledgable and a little less emotional, wish me luck for I will certainly need it........................

Yeah...Asys is good that way....

Dwayne

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Welsh Medic, even though i am highly Christian.. i do think that the parents are wrong if they deny their child the ability to grow up and make a choice for themselves in regards to who and where they will serve when it comes to their religious life. its unfortunate that this occurs, especially when your trained to save and your not allowed to.

This is a very touchy subject...religious issues are always augmentative.

I do bible studies through my church doing a 10-16 week course in the fall and spring semesters...I'm very active with my church. So, on this subject...God created ALL people and our blood is the same but different AB types. I wonder where they came up with thinking that blood transfusion is bad. To help someone is the goodness in God's eyes...especially donating your blood...same as giving food and money to the poor. I think it is a shame that they won't agree with accepting blood giving to them to give to their child...could be in God's plans...nobody knows the mystery of it. God can put people in the right time and right places to help those in need. You turn down the help...you just turned down the mystery that we can't see behind all this...God's.

This is a very touchy subject...religious issues are always augmentative.

I do bible studies through my church doing a 10-16 week course in the fall and spring semesters...I'm very active with my church. So, on this subject...God created ALL people and our blood is the same but different AB types. I wonder where they came up with thinking that blood transfusion is bad. To help someone is the goodness in God's eyes...especially donating your blood...same as giving food and money to the poor. I think it is a shame that they won't agree with accepting blood giving to them to give to their child...could be in God's plans...nobody knows the mystery of it. God can put people in the right time and right places to help those in need. You turn down the help...you just turned down the mystery that we can't see behind all this...God's.

Amen sister :) I am very active in my church as well, www.beacon-of-hope-ministries.com Iam glad that your a rescuer and saved just like me it makes it all the more better

So, on this subject...God created ALL people and our blood is the same but different AB types. I wonder where they came up with thinking that blood transfusion is bad. To help someone is the goodness in God's eyes...especially donating your blood...same as giving food and money to the poor.

I hope I'm not being blasphemous here but... I'll be damned.

That kinda just makes so much sense it couldn't possibly be rebutted. If one believes in God, how could one think that one of God's creations is above taking blood from another equal of God's creation? I think this string just came to a perfect end. Nice work Amytxn4.

Okay, so this seems like the least appropriate place in the world for a joke, but I think it fits:

A devoutly religious man was sitting at home surrounded by rising flood waters. Soon the flood waters were at his doorsill. A group with a jeep came by and said "Hey, listen, we have to get you out of here."

"No," the man said. "God will save me. Go and help others." The jeep drove off.

The man shortly had to move to his second floor when the flood waters rose more, and a person in a boat came to evacuate him. "No," he said again "God will save me. Go help others."

Finally, the man is on the roof as the waters continue to rise. A helicopter comes. Again, he rebukes them, saying that surely the Lord will save him.

Soon afterwards he drowns and is in heaven. He asks God, "I've been religious all my life! Devout and faithful! How come you did not come to my aide in my time of need?"

God replied "Hey, listen, I sent a jeep, I sent a boat, and I sent a helicopter, so I don't want to hear anything about it."

Unfortunately, I have always had a sincere lack of faith. I need proof. I need to be shown. I try to imagine what its like to believe, without any proof or evidence, that there is some or any benevolent force looking down upon me, and I just can't. In fact, when I read the newspaper everyday, I am usually convinced otherwise.

As with everything, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I sort of put belief in God/gods and belief in extra-terrestrial intelligence in the same category- I don't know for sure, but it seems awfully arrogant, give the size of the Universe (even just the parts we know about), to believe that humans are the most advanced or highest form of life in existence.

Proof of a higher intelligence or "Creator" beyond our scope of thought lies in trying to figure out how the very first atom came into existence, or what atom's are created of etc. You get the idea...

We came from something and obviously it's beyond the scope of human beings to try and comprehend what it is.

We came from something and obviously it's beyond the scope of human beings to try and comprehend what it is.

Yep. Come the judgement day, those who chose the wrong religion will burn for their failure.

Those who didn't choose a religion at all will go free, because that's God's failure.

Yep. Come the judgement day, those who chose the wrong religion will burn for their failure.

Those who didn't choose a religion at all will go free, because that's God's failure.

Judgement Day and Armageddon are man made concepts. The efficiency at which the Universe runs and whatever powers that created it can better be understood through taking a more scientific look at it rather then thinking some higher being created humans in it's own image.

Faith is a tool used to try and help explain the good and bad that happens in a persons life that seems to be outside of their own control. The Bible is nothing more then our ancestor's trying to create a style of living that brings some sort of order and good will into society.

All of that got screwed up in medevil times when men with bad intentions in places of high power decided to abuse and misconstrew what was written in it. But still, the points put forth in the Bible, unbelievable stories aside - are good points, if more people followed them and lived their lives out in a giving peaceful manner the world would be a lot better off.

But yeah, all of that Adam and Eve and Jesus returning from the dead mumbo jumbo is nothing but stories from a time long gone. When stories like that were an effective tool at inspiration due to a lack of order in society.

Society is by nature now far more intelligent and more scientifically driven, of course it's going to be hard to buy into some thing you know can't happen. Back then they didn't have the concept of physics to make them believe otherwise, y'know?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.