Jehovah's Witness Interference with Pediatric Care

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not make this a religious discussion.

I'll pm you some info that I feel states my case. We can discuss this further via pm's.

:shock: Hasn't it been about nothing else for the last 4-5 pages?

Dwayne

so true so true but I didn't want to continue it and clog up the threads.

But ok

DBS, what do you consider the original bible? Do you consider the original bible the king james version or do you consider the original bible the hebrew and greek?

If you consider the original bible the king james version then that was as close to translation as could be done at the time. Subsequent translations such as the NIV, the NAS and many many others did their best to translate directly from the greek and hebrew texts.

If you consider that the Gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke and John were written within 60 years of Jesus's life and they were written by eyewitnesses of Jesus and his deeds you cannot make the argument that Hell and Heaven was not in the original texts. There are over 24000 pieces, parts and full texts of the books of the bible. These pieces are consistently consistent meaning that they all say nearly exactly the same thing if compared. Heaven and Hell are in those pieces.

Consider other well known books such as

The Illiad - there are approximately 640 original copies of this book and they vary from one another. some have small variations and others have huge variations.

A well known book by Thucicidys(apology for spelling) there are 400 known original versions. Same goes for variations here.

A book about Ceaser's conquests - 800 original copies - variations also

And several other very very well known books written in 60A.C.E. and one in 200A.C.E have less than 8 original copies.

So if we have over 24000 original copies of the books of the bible and they differ in the miniscule amounts and are consistently consistent and most of them if they reference mark or luke or john or matthew they have the word Hell in them.

So no, I don't believe that the word or concept of Hell was something that the church put in there. I just don't believe it.

I also don't believe that the concept of heaven is a church added concept because it is just too common in the bible as well as the original hebrew and greek texts.

I'm still gathering info and if anyone wants me to continue this discussion I will gladly do so.

ok my theologian friend sent me this text.

The hebrew word for hell is Sheol. Here is what he sent me

the Hebrew word for hell is sheol. The Lexicon I use (http://www.studylight.org/lex/) tells us the following about sheol. It appears in 66 places in the OT and has the following meanings.

sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit

the underworld

Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead

place of no return

without praise of God

wicked sent there for punishment

righteous not abandoned to it

of the place of exile (fig)

of extreme degradation in sin

Translated Words

KJV (65) - grave, 31; hell, 31; pit, 3;

NAS (66) - Sheol, 66;

Verse Count for the word Sheol

KJV NAS

Genesis 4

Numbers 2

Deuteronomy 1

1 Samuel 1

2 Samuel 1

1 Kings 2

Job 8

Psalm 15

Proverbs 9

Ecclesiastes 1

Song of Solomon 1

Isaiah 9

Ezekiel 5

Hosea 1

Amos 1

Jonah 1

Habakkuk 1

Genesis 4

Numbers 2

Deuteronomy 1

1 Samuel 1

2 Samuel 1

1 Kings 2

Job 8

Psalm 15

Proverbs 9

Ecclesiastes 1

Song of Solomon 1

Isaiah 10

Ezekiel 5

Hosea 1

Amos 1

Jonah 1

Habakkuk 1

You can do the same for the 3 Greek words in the NT (hades, geenna, tartaroo). Hope this helps

I hope that this info helps this discussion. If not I'm open to further discussion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.