new contest

Good afternoon everyone.

I am running a new contest that will run till this coming monday at 2pm eastern time. I get to work at that time. Only posts before 2pm eastern on monday are accepted.

You can only post once. So make your one post your best.

The prize - a nice EMS related book and a mystery prize.

The subject of this contest is this -

If you had 1 million dollars to spend on your current employer what would you purchase and why?

Just posting a new ambulance or new monitors won't cut it on this one. YOU MUST BE SPECIFIC.

Decision of the judge - ME is final so it benefits you to be as detailed as possible.

Good luck and as soon as I pick a winner I will ship the book and prize out and you should have a nice christmas present under your tree.

Good Luck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, update on the contest ----- Please read before posting ok

if you post something like "Great idea let me think on it" then that will be your entry.

You only get ONE entry only. So if you post anything other than what you would buy with the million then that is your entry.

Now, if you post your entry and then after that you post "this is a good idea" or something to that line then that's ok. But make sure your first post is your entry and not vice versa.

If there are any questions please pm me instead of posting here .

I hope that makes sense

dust, you didn't read my second post or did you post prior to the 2nd post getting posted?

And remember I'm the judge so I take all circumstances into consideration smile

This is a really good idea!! ;) lol.

But seriously, I would have my employer set up a scholarship fund to help pay tuition to put EMT's and others at the company through medic school who otherwise couldn't afford it. If the company invests just a small amount of money to help with the costs of putting someone through school, in the end the company wins b/c they will have another ALS provider :)

Aside from the routine answer of brand new equipment and new trucks, I would opt for contracting a respectable school/training center to come in and regulate employees' training and certification. That way the properly assessed/trained staff would respond to the 911 runs we receive and be able to provide the level of care expected and not some greenie straight of school standing around waiting for their partner's orders.

Any service can strongly benefit from proper courses and training....routine training. In NJ the refresher is required every 3 years, but if a private company mandates it every year for employment by a certified instructor instructing the class in house.

My training & safety supervisor is -- okay -- but can be better. There are sooo many courses available that would also benefit the EMTs (and maybe even the MAVTs) in the company.

A million dollars to spend on my current employer/EMS service.

First off I would purchase a new AEV ambulance to replace our new horton. The Ambulance would be equipped with an airhorn, a Q, plus the normal sirens. It would have all the lights that are possible. It will be equipped with 4-wheel drive and have cell phones/land lines in it for contacting county other than via radio. After the Ambulance, I would purchase new EMS bags to put our equipment in. I would buy two smaller bls bags, and one trauma bag. After the bags, I would purchase EMS extrication gear for all personnel. It would be top of the line, blue in color with a lot of reflectors for safety, with EMS on the back, also blue helmets equipped with safety goggles. I would then purchase two of the ferno stair chairs with the tracks on them to replace the two older stair chairs that we have. Also, I would pay for con-ed classes, or whatever classes the members of my company would like to see, I would make sure there would be at least one class where we practice extrication and cutting cars apart. Part of the money would go towards physicals for all the members to insure that we are all healthy enough to do this job. I would purchase exercise equipment so that we can all stay in shape/get in shape. Since we are a volunteer company, there would be no pay to raise, so I believe that after all of that, the rest of the money would go into the bank, and be used to purchase anything that the members may need at a later time, also for repairing equipment.

ok, after further consideration I'm taking off the one post one entry requirement. You still only get one entry but you can post questions in here if needed.

I'd still prefer pm's though.

But ONE entry to the contest only. Do not post two or three ideas as your first will be the one used.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.