Garbage Truck, Ambulance, the similarites are amusing.

I think spenac is on to something, the garbage folks have mob backing. Perhaps if EMS had mob backing reimbursment would be a lot better or they would "bust heads" plus we could hang out at the "baaddaaa bing" when not on calls. Hey we might even be able to increase our earnings by "taking care" of their victims.

At least the mob has some degree of code in the way they do business

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had an employee that had worked as a garbage collector, then became a Paramedic for a few years, then decided to return back to the garbage truck and left EMS. Describes as has been pointed out the similarities, as well as better pay and hours.... go figure.

R/r 911

The line being used some years ago by my agency was, "the city Sanitation department picked up garbage that usually was lying quietly at the curbside, lift it into the truck and take it away. WE haul it down from upstairs, to the curbside, usually with the garbage protesting each step of the way, lift it into the truck, and take it away. And they get paid more than us!"

Disclaimer: I don't talk like that, I am quoting others.

PS: a 5 year longevity Paramedic is still getting paid less than a new-jack city Sanitation person.

I'm sure that sanitation workers aren't nearly as numerous as basics and paramedics are. It seems to be simple supply and demand.

But how many Grade 3 kids say "when I grow up I wanna be a garbageman"? They always want to be a firefighter.... and then they all end up being Basics.....

oh my god :shock: my brother is a garbage man and i've had to help him a few times on the route, and his boss is a former EMT... >.< GAH! i never thought of it that way darn it. ok that is just creepy when you think about it though

oh my god :shock: my brother is a garbage man and i've had to help him a few times on the route, and his boss is a former EMT... >.< GAH! i never thought of it that way darn it. ok that is just creepy when you think about it though

Dude keep it quite that your bro's in the mob. I'd hate to hear that you bought a new pair of concrete shoes. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.